Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288343 01/18/07 08:18 PM
D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So I was reading about making money in FFX and Lisa has 2 suggestions both involve the weapon based ability "Gillionaire".

1 option implies to just have Rikku with her Godhand fully upgraded with Gillionaire in your party and kill Mimics. This would gain 500K gil each fight.

Another option implies to have everybody in the pt get gillionaire and than basically do the same.

I have tried the 1st option and got about 10k hardly close to the suggested 500k so I'm sure I'm missing a key piece of info smile

Some questions:
1- what does gillionaire actually do when successful? Multiply gill with a certain factor or...??
2- does it work just being in the party OR do I need to actually hit the mob with it at least once or even kill it with it?
3- does having multiple gillionaires in a pt multiply the effect or referring to the previous question, just increase my ability to kill the mob with it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
1- Gillionaire causes the amount of gold you receive to from a battle to double.

2- I do not think that you have to kill the enemy or even hit it for this to take effect, but the person with Gillionaire on their weapon must be in the active party when the battle ends. (or maybe when the enemy dies) I think that being in the active party is the only requirement, but it should be easy to experiment to see what works.

3- I do not think that it would help to have more than one character with Gillionaire, but if it is in Lisa's walkthrough maybe it does. Again, you may just have to try it out and see.

Another note: Mimics should give 50k gil when they are killed. This means that Gillionaire should net you 100k per Mimic killed.

D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The below is what I read from Lisa's other notes.
There is also a reference to "Master Thief" which I guess
is what I missed to note earlier and causes like a 4x gil
drop?

Anybody knows what exactly is meant by the below?

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
Final Fantasy X Walkthrough
How to Get Gil (Money)

From Loza in the Forum:
The best way to get 500,000 gil each battle is to get Rikku's Godhand, Mercury crest and Mercury Sigil, equip them and fight Mimics in Omega's dungeon. 500,000 gil and a good amount of experiance.

They are easy to kill by summoning Yojimbo and giving him 1 gil each attack. The worst attack I've seen him do is 5000 damage, and they shouldn't be able to hit him.

From Ketchup via email:
OK, This may take awile, but by this you can get over 1,000,000 Gil in 10-15 minutes.

First you must get Don Tonberry in the Monster Arena. This can be done by doing the following..........................

Capture 4 of each fiend in the Sunken Cave/ Chamber of the Stolen Fayth. (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE MAGIC URN!!!!!)

Now get about 70-99 phoenix downs. Then go to the monster arena and fight Don Tonberry (the first fight is free so take it cause he normally takes 8,000 Gil to fight) Make sure someone knows steal or mug and Master theif. If you have Tidus's Caladbolg to it's full power, then that has master theif. now, whoever has the abilities, use steal or mug on Don Tonberry. You should get a designer wallet. repeat this until you have stolen 4 of them.( You should steal anywhere from 1-4)Don Tonberry's attack will probably kill you so revive the KOed person.( DO NOT ATTACK WITH ANYBODY BUT 1 PERSON WHO HAS STEAL AND MASTER THEIF!!!)

Now Keep doing this until you can add the ability "Gilloinare" to 1 of your weapons. Get this with 3 of your characters. ( If Rikku's Godhand is at full power then that weapon already has Gilloinare) Now have all 3 of them in your party and go to Omega Ruins. Keep running into fiends until there is a lizard and a chest. BEFORE YOU KILL THE LIZARD, use STEAL to open the chest. it will turn into a fiend.( Sometimes the chest has a mega-potion in it) Now kill both of them and you should receive about 400,000 Gil.
----------------------------------

Last edited by darn4nr; 01/20/07 08:23 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Well... It sounds like, according to Ketchup, that Gillionaire will stack. If all three have it, it should double three times which would be a total of x8. 50,000 x 8 = 400,000, so maybe this does work. Again, I have never tried it.

You can make a lot of money, just fighting in the arena. I have posted somewhere about the exploit with Don Tonberry to get 99 Slvls in a single battle. In farming up the equipment necessary to do this, I have always made all the money I need. When fighting many of the Original creations, (One Eye in particular) you will get a lot more money selling the equipment they drop than it cost to fight them. Gil is not that important in this game, and I have never found myself farming Mimics to make it.

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.