Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288261 01/18/07 01:56 AM
D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So I'm still wandering about SPira collecting specimen and spherelevels.

I haven't had the time yet to go sit down and dodge 200 lightnening bolts.. BUT.. I'm catching monsters in Omega ruins.
A few things I wonder about:

1- It says I should be able to capture a Mimic Box. However Treasure chest nor spawned mimics can not be captured according to the games messages. Is a Mimic Box something else?

2- I Have seen many diff mobs but I have not encountered the elusive Master Couerl. Any particular spot he roams?

3- I run into mobs that I capture (like wrain, adamntoise, varuna and demonoliths but they are listed under SIN area however its not unlocked at the Arena (haven't been at SIN yet because I just want to won him and all his buddies on the way). Does it mean the ones I capture now will still count when I unlock the SIN area at the arena?

4- totally unrelated: I read that after some battles there will be a save sphere at SIN. Can I teleport to and from the ship there?

Thanks all!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
1- You cannot catch mimics... if you are missing a mob from Omega Ruins it is a different one. Let me know what you have and I can tell you what is missing, (and hopefully where to find it).

2- You should find the Master Courel in the Omega Ruins. I don't recall any area where they show up more often. You might try up on the loop area before the lift up to Ultima Weapon. I remember spending a lot of time there.

3- I think your captures from Omega should count as soon as you unlock Sin.

4- You can teleport out from Sin in a few areas; however, you always enter at the same place and make the trek back in if you do. (It isn't that far.) There is one boss (I'll say no more to avoid any spoilers) inside sin that you will defeat before the point of no return. If you want any more specific directions on where the point is I can let you know so you don't end up at the end of the game before you have competed the things you are working on.

Last edited by Tidus96; 01/18/07 04:41 AM.
D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the tips.

I have:
Black element
Zaurus
Spirit
Master Tonberry
Floating Death
Halma
Purboros
Machea

According to the list I have I'm missing:
master Couerl
"Mimic Box"

Have I seen a different form of this Boss b4 the point of no-return or is he related to Tidus?

D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
OK I went back to the arena and have only 1 spot unknown which must be the master couerl. The list I have is wrong. 1 mistery solved smile

I also went ahead an moved into SIN. Checked the arena and all the catches from omega-ruins are neatly listed in SIN. Nice smile

And its nice I can teleport from sin to reload overdrives on my summons.. although my Valefor soloed the mouth ..

Can't wait to see the rest..
Check my otehr post regarding my question about gillionaire..

Thanks !

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Good to see that you got most of that figured out. The boss that you will face is at the end of the first area. You have seen a different for of the boss before. (more than once) The other boss you mentioned is after the point of no return. After the first boss is defeated, a save sphere will appear where the battle was fought, and there will be an area that looks different. At the end of that area there is another save sphere, and if you progress beyond that there is no turning back.

Side note: Hunting Great Malboros is best done inside Sin. They will ambush you every time in the Omega Ruins, and their bad breath is not fun at all. When training in the Omega ruins, I always keep Auron in the main party with his fully activated Celestial Weapon, which gives him first strike. Then I run away with my tail between my legs. (If you don't have Auron's weapon finished you can use any old first strike weapon.)

I'm sure you have found your own way of dealing with the Malboros, given that you have been in Omega for a while. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Tidus96; 01/19/07 05:16 AM.
D
darn4nr Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hehe yeah.. same way you suggested but I found out by accident wondering why it said ambush but Auron got to hit 1st anyway smile

I finished the game last nite. With startegic saves so I can start it from any part towards the end. I think the story is great.

Now I prolly go on with FFXII while maybe doing some stuff in FFX-2 but I'm not too much into dress spheres and dancing ...

Thanks Tidus for all the help!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
FFX is a great game.

If you can see past the cheesyness in FFX-2, the game system is really great. The plot wasn't that great, but I really enjoyed the optional dungeon in that game. I finaly managed to get through it with new game + and get 100%.

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.