Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287799 01/14/07 07:11 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hi everybody!

Just a note to welcome you to the forum. I'd love to hear what your interest in costuming is. What types of costumes do you make? Do you collect patterns? What's your favorite costuming experience?

Sound off, costume lovers!

Teresa, Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Hi, Teresa!

I went to college for costuming and still maintain a higher level of dress-up in my life than most folks do!

Welcome!

- Rae

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Rae!

Thanks for checking in! I love to dress up too! I went through a serious period of wanting to dress in all Renaissance style dresses, and now am into the Edwardian fashions--minus the corset of course--much too uncomfortable!

I'm very fascinated with capes at the moment, and am on my way to the fabric store to get some fabric to make a 1920's style opera cape.

Maybe a little beading would look good too...

Cheers!

Teresa Greene
Costuming
Elephant
Elephant
Teresa,

I made a cloak when LotR came out, and all I can say is, if it's below-knee length, it's worth wearing at home to practice moving around it. I have friends who can never seem to not step on their cloaks/capes or always get them stuck in doors. But not me!

And I love corsets, having once worked for a company that made leather ones.

- Rae

T
OP Offline
T
Ah, yes--learning to move in costume--good thought....I think I'll ask for others' experiences.....

thanks!

Teresa Greene
Costuming
M
M
Teresa, It says in your Bio that you are from the Pacific NW. So am I, are we close to each other. . . .Portland?

My love of garments/costumes started at age 6 as well. My magic moment was when I begged my mother to buy a 1950's prom dress (red, strapless, ruffled, brocade) at a garage sale for $1. The year was 1964. . do the math.
What a 6 year old girl was going to do with a strapless full length prom dress is anyones guess. But what I did do with it was cared and handled it with respect. It was the first in my collection that is about 200 strong now. I bought vintage clothing all my life. I still own things I bought when I was 10 years old. Unfortunately I gave the Red Prom dress to my cousin one summer and have never seen it since, nor the cousin.

The Costume side of my split personality came into being in high school and has never gone away. At one point I started my Costume Rental and design business. But as we all know the ARTS do not pay well. So now I have a "day job" and enjoy costuming at my leasure.

I too, love the Renaissance time period, and attend Ren Faires all over the US. Did my turn at being a director but I have more fun being a Playtron.

Now I enjoy having themed parties at my house and design for the grandkids and close friends.
take at look at my signature it says it all.
Merrygem

If all the world's a stage, why am I always in the green room.
T
OP Offline
T
Hi merrygem!

Yes, I am from the PNW--Willamette Valley, south of Portland. I am drooling over the idea of having such a large vintage clothing collection! I have a few pieces--one dress in particular I wish I were skinny enough to wear, but alas! A beautiful wrap front midnight blue silk dress with a bias-cut circle skirt. Ah! To die for! Tell me more about your parties...

Teresa Greene
Costuming
C
C
Merrygem and/or Theresa,
I have many questions regarding a centaur costume. I saw in one of merrygems posts on moving in costume that you had made one before. I need serious help and would be most appreciative if you could answer. I have to have this made in 2 1/2 weeks. I've made the frame out of PVC, not having anyone around who welds. A guy from Sioux City sent me plans for that. He didn't tell me how he attached the back end of the horse onto his legs. He mentioned a harness system but I'm not sure what he meant. this is for a 9 y/o boy for "the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe"

Thanks in advance, Colleen

Moderated by  Brandi Ford - Costuming 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/20/24 03:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 02/20/24 09:04 AM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 02/19/24 08:57 PM
Lined Note Paper Template for Digital Planner
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:38 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:21 PM
Start a New Document in Illustrator
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:19 PM
Digital Planner Grid of Dots Filler Paper
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:18 PM
New Document Window Adobe Illustrator
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:10 PM
Square Grid Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:08 PM
Writing Lines Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:06 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.