Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#287692 01/14/07 02:09 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Breakfast is the first nutrition your body gets after 8 or so hours of fasting. It's really important for your health. Do you eat a healthy breakfast every day?

Breakfast Option
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/14/07 02:08 AM

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have a low carb shake every morning. I really don't feel like eating anything when I wake up, but I make sure I have that shake and vitamins to get food into my system.

Low Carb Forum
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
Hi Lisa, I do have breakfast each morning, but like you it is more to get my system 'moving' than anything. I am not real hungrey in the morning, but I enjoy my hot tea, sometime toast with a small amount of peanut butter, sometimes fruit, and of course my vitamins.

Sandy

www.weightlossgodsway-faith.com

I have found my energy level and entire day improved immensely since I started making breakfast the biggest meal of my day. I had read some where about something called the reverse diet, which entails eating bigger meals earlier in the day and smaller meals later. Since my energy has always been an issue, I found this small change made a HUGE difference.

~~Click below for new posts on Bella!~~
http://tinyurl.com/yne554
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's great news that you get higher energy! It makes a lot of sense. In the morning, you are starting fresh after a long fast. Your body needs all the nutrients to refresh its system, plus energy to do morning tasks. Then in 4 or 5 hours you have lunch, which just supplements that energy and gives you what you need to get through the afternoon. By the time dinner rolls around, you're pretty much done "doing stuff". Why do you need a ton of energy then? So you can watch TV? At that point you do need a meal, but a smaller one.

Last edited by LisaShea; 01/17/07 07:28 PM.

Low Carb Forum
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I've never really been a breakfast eater. I know it's important and good for you, but I never really eat breakfast. I usually don't eat anything until my first break (or sometimes not until lunch) at work and by that point I've already been up for 3 hours or so, and then my lunch is 2 hours later, which I always eat at lunch. Then on my last break sometimes I'll have a little something to munch on, then I generally have something after work, and have a later dinner. So I guess I'm not eating properly. (I never really have. I eat when Im hungry) Occasionally I do eat a real breakfast, but for the most part I don't. It's something I really need to work on, but I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, and the last thing I want to do is make something to eat, and then eat it. (I guess I could have a hard time getting out of bed BECAUSE I dont eat properly) I've always struggled with this. Even as a kid, teenager and now, I just can't eat in the morning, and I never give myself enough time to make something. I normally get up, get dressed, brush teeth etc, and Im out the door in 20 minutes. If I happen to be hungry when I wake up, I may grab a granola bar on the way to work, but that's about it until lunch time.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
..and I know I make a little shake of some sort, or something quick like toast, I've tried it, and it just doesn't seem to be something I continue for very long.

It's like any habit Lala, you have to do it until it sticks.

But the logic and science certainly dictates that it's worth it.

~~Click below for new posts on Bella!~~
http://tinyurl.com/yne554
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LaLa - I understand *completely* about not wanting to eat - or work at making something- in the morning. It is exactly how I feel. But really, your body is completely dehydrated when you wake up, after 6-9 hours of not getting any liquids in - and its vitamin stores are very low. It's critical that you get something into you.

I highly recommend going to your store and looking in the breakfast shake area. I personally drink the EAS shakes, but there are a wide variety of them available. Don't go for the super high calorie shakes of course, you don't want to be gaining weight by doing this smile Go for a low sugar / low carb / etc. type of shake. If you make part of your routine to grab a shake and a vitamin, it really only takes 1 minute to pour that into a glass or even into a sealed container to take on the road with you. I think you'll really find it makes a difference in how you get through the morning, and in your overall health.

Low Carb Forum
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Thanks Lisa.. that's a great idea! Do you find that expensive though?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.