Next Thread
Print Thread
#287478 01/12/07 03:16 AM
N
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
N
If you had to pick one or the other, which would you opt for and why?

Boldface the one you like better and write a quick explanation about why chose the one you did (or, if it's easier, why you didn't choose the other).

GIRLS
Mary or Mackenzie?
Amber or Emerald?
Jessica or June?
Kelli or Kayla?
Bambi or Bernadette?

BOYS
Earl or Emerson?
Isaac or Yves?
Robert or Roosevelt?
Sylvester or Scott?
Lindsay or Luigi?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I'd choose Mary, it sounds more elegant and would look nicer on a business card. (For her future)

Amber - Emerald is a very pretty name, one which I have never thought of, but almost sounds like to me that it shouldn't be a name.

June - Jessica is a nice name but it very popular and I know too many Jessicas I don't like. (Honest answer)

Kayla - Kelli (or Kelly) is a boys name to me. I know it's used as a girls name now days but it originially wasn't and I have known more male Kelly's than female. I also don't prefer swaping i's with y's. Just me.

Bernadette - Not thrilled with that but the name Bambi makes me immediatly think a little on the "trampy" side. (Sorry to anyone named Bambi)

Emerson - Sounds like a handsome name, Earl does a little too but doesn't sounds as distinguished.

Isaac - Classic name. I'm assuming Yves is pronounced like "vess" but I could be wrong. I just like Isaac better.

Robert - Roosevelt just sounds like a last name to me. I'm sure you can imagine why.

Scott - Just don't like Sylvester.

Lindsay - I think it's actually a very unique name for a boy. I think a boy might get teased with it a little but not as much as Luigi. Also, Luigi also seems like one of those names that will never look good on a business card. Just my opinion.

Thanks, that was fun.

*It could be worse...you could be on fire*
N
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
N
You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. smile

Mary or Mackenzie? - It was hard to decide between them, but Mary wins because it's just so well established.

Amber or Emerald? - I think of Emerald as being a little more mature-sounding than Amber. Also, Emmie might make a cute nn.

Jessica or June? - I appreciate that June is simple and not as common as Jessica.

Kelli or Kayla? - Hm... I don't really have a clear favorite here, so I'll go with Kayla because I have a niece with this name.

Bambi or Bernadette? - I really like Bernadette, actually. I know some people think it sounds frumpy, but I think it's cool.

Earl or Emerson? - I like that many people associate the name Emerson with literature/philosophy.

Isaac or Yves? - Yves is exotic-sounding without being too burdensome (i.e., it's not a big challenge to pronounce/spell).

Robert or Roosevelt? - I like that it's just different. smile

Sylvester or Scott? - To me, Sylvester seems to have a little more personality than Scott does.

Lindsay or Luigi? - If I had a son named Luigi, we'd have to eat pasta every night! Hehe. I like that Luigi is spunky and shortens easily to Lou.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.