Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
...Maybe Im just lazy. I hate to say it, but I think that's my problem. I would like to be healthy and I know exercising helps relieve stress, helps you sleep better etc etc.. I know because Ive done it, and it helped. But I keep saying I want to start again, and I never do. I plan on when Im going to do it, and what Im going to eat, but that day never comes. I just don't do it. But if it was just laziness, then why is it that I want to do it, but I dont?! Do I just feel guilty about not doing it, so I make myself think that I will start, but then I don't because Im just too damn lazy?! If so, that's really sad.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Now that I really think about it... I really do think it's laziness. I'd like to be healthier, feel good and look good. I know what I have to do in order to achieve it. I know how to keep it interesting with variety, and look at it as "going for a nice walk" rather than EXERCISE! I know in the long run I will feel good for doing it.

But I don't do it.

Unfortunately, I've become lazy about alot of things (I rarely even do my makeup and do anything more than throwing my hair up in a messy bun).... and for whatever reason am having this revelation in this vey moment. I am a lazy person. And I don't like that.

Wolf
Wolf
I developed ugly looking warts on my chest. My whole pride about how good looking I was got shattered, because I always hated warts.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
At least the warts are on your chest, which isn't seen easily by the general public. The rest of you is still good-looking!

Laziness, lala, is something I fight all the time! Some people love to work out, but I have to force myself. It's good when it's a habit, so then it's not forcing yourself, it's just part of your routine.

M
M
I am trying to fight my obsession with my thighs. I cannot stand them. I feel like an elephant when I sit down, even though I am currently at a healthy weight.

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
I am learning to love my body after years of hating it. My body really just became my sounding board for the issues that I had in my life and boy did it take a beating! I think that if we can learn to accept ourselves for who we are rather obsess with what is not easy to change, than we will be happier.

We CAN like ourselves and learn to ignore the small insignificant things.

I still struggle with some small things but am working at overcoming them.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Many of the things we dislike about ourselves ARE insignificant! But for some reason seem to be what we occupy our thoughts with.

D
D
Well, there is a part of my body that I do not like and I hide it every opportunity that I get. I do not like my thighs. No matter what exercise I do or how much weight I lose, they are huge. It's the genetic make up of my body. I do not, however, think I have a poor body image. I think I have a realistic view of my body. If someone were to try to convince me that my thighs are not big, it would be like trying to convince someone that water is not wet. I do not agree that just because someone does not find him/herself attractive, etc. that it means they have a poor body image. Some people can make accurate assessments of themselves and should be rewarded for doing so...not pathologized and labeled with a Axis II diagnosis. Reality is HEALTHY.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
That's a good way of looking at it Diamond! So, what then would be poor body image in your opinion?

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
im very unhappy with my body, depression does a toll on me im an emotional eater, plus my meds dont help, im gonna be 60 in june i try to just tell myself get over it, i feel fat, old, and ugly, im walking 2 miles to 1 mile a day on my treadmill, when i can,i have no one in my life right now i know if i had a reason it would be easier for me to lose weight, when i met my girl friend i lost over 30 pounds i was in love when she passed away i gained 30 plus back, maybe someday i will like myself even just a little

Rosie L
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.