logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275569 10/17/06 12:58 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I've been dreading this day for weeks now. What would I do? How would I keep my hurt inside? I think the anticipation of the pain was more heartwrenching than the day itself.

I woke up this morning feeling like I didn't have enough to do. We had baked oatmeal for breakfast and carried on just like any normal day. I kept thinking of how busy I should be. I thought of the tasks I longed to be doing.

After lunch I decided that I would not pretend that it was a normal day any longer. The children and I made a delicious chocolate fudge cake. I set to prepare a nice dinner.

First birthdays are so fun! Though, this first birthday was a whispered one; only celebrated in my heart. My Anna didn't even make it to half her term of pregnancy, let alone a real day of birth on her due date. Who would ever imagine the lack of celebration would hurt still?

For all first birthdays I make two cakes. One for the well wishers and a tiny one just for the birthday child. This birthday cake was no different. I made a tiny heart saturated with whipping cream and embellished with red sprinkles to go atop the big cake. The family enjoyed the dinner and especially the wonderful treat of cake for "no reason".

I impressed myself when the tears stayed in check while I whispered a Happy Birthday to my Anna when cutting her cake. After the children were in bed I slipped outside for a walk in the cool night. I took her tiny heart cake with me. I walked down the street singing happy birthday over and over through tears that did not want to stay checked any longer.

I closed my eyes and pictured myself holding the cake for her to blow her candle out. At one point I glanced at the chocolate smudges on my fingers and thought of how that chocolate would have looked smeared all over a tiny little face. Oh, the desire to know what that face would have looked like! With a giggle and a smile she would squish her yummy discovery between her pudgy fingers, lifting those fingers to taste. Looking at Momma a squeal of delight would escape, a wriggle of excitement ...

The whispered birthday party was loud and joyful with my eyes closed. Then it was time to open my eyes. They opened to the stark reality that I was still holding a whole cake. An uneaten, unplayed with, unsmeared cake. What was I going to do with it? I didn't want to eat it. I didn't want anyone else to eat it. It was the birthday girl's cake.

It is now in my freezer. How long it will stay there, I have no clue. But that is where it is, and where it will stay for now.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#275570 10/17/06 08:18 PM
Happy Whispered Birthday Rememberence to your 'Angel'. My heart and thoughts are with you and your family...I too had a due date pass recently after losing my angelbaby at 18weeks pregnant. We also 'marked' his would being due date with flowers and balloons at the cemetery (also a makeover of his rest place, border placed filled with white gravel, along with angel ornaments)and cake at home. Our's wasn't as whispered as your as my 6year old along with my niece and nephew sang happy birthday at the cemetery!! Bizaar I know!!! We also lit his candle in his lantern. As I read your beautiful moving encounter you took me on your walk with you. I wish you strength and piece.
I find it useful to share and talk about my thoughts, if you ever want someone to listen, I'm here.
x-x-x

#275571 10/29/06 11:21 PM
A
A
I am so sorry for your loss again as I said before. That would be so hard. I only really have one person I can talk to about my miscarriage. Things have been somewhat easier lately. But late at night I find it hard to sleep cause I think that by now I would be feeling the baby kick. I long to feel that. I always wonder what my baby would have looked like. It is hard!! I wish more people understood that you know. No one who has not gone through it understands it, they think "just get over it." I hate hearing that. I know I will never get over it. It would have been my first. Well, my Angel was my first. I am here for you if you ever need to talk. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Ashley

Ashley

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.