logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#275516 10/16/06 06:13 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello my name is Tara and I am 26 years old. I just experienced my first miscarriage yesterday, which was a huge shock for my husband and I because I didn't even know I was pregnant in the first place. I guess we are stuggling with the decision whether to tell our parents or not. We aren't ready to have kids and we weren't trying to have any either.

I would hate for them to find out through another source, but we are also worried that both our parents may have a hard time keeping this too themselves and spread the word to other family members. My husband and I are pretty private people but this just sems like something you would tell your parents. I really don't know what to do. My husband is leaving the ultimate decision up to me, but I really don't know what to do about it. Any advice from either those with opinions, or first-hand experience with this dilemna?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
Hi Tara. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm MaryKay, age 38. I recently lost my first baby at 8 weeks.

Regarding your concern about your parents finding out from another source...who else might they hear it from if you haven't told anyone else?

If you think someone else might tell your parents, I would definitely talk to your parents first. You can ask them to please not spread this information to anyone else because you and your husband want to keep it private, and tell them that you are trusting them to respect your wish for privacy.

Unfortunately, you cannot prevent them from telling anyone but I hope they will respect your request.

Good luck with talking to your parents and again, I'm sorry about your baby.

MaryKay
P.S. Think of it this way...what would be worse, your parents finding out from someone else or the chance that your parents might tell other family members?

M
M
hey my name is mary i'm 13 and i was 11 weeks pregnant and i just found out friday that i had a miscarrage and my pernts and my boyfriend pernts both knew and everyone took it hard my mom and his mom have blobber jaws to and they told everyone in the family and their friends about it but if they found out anyother way they would have been really upset i think you should proble tell them

Mary
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you very much Mary and MaryKay for writing to me.

About a week ago I decided to tell my parents and in laws, and they ended up being very supportive and caring. They also have so far respected the fact that I am not ready to have a lot of people in the family know what happened.

It took me a few days after having the miscarriage to actually realize that I lost a baby. It has been a rough week and a half, but life goes on.

Thanks again for writing to me and I am very sorry for both of your loses and I wish you both the best of luck in the future.

Tara

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.