Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#274812 10/19/06 11:10 AM
S
Shark
Shark
S
Oops fumbled the second part of the question.

When I first started watching, it was because it was like a comic book come to life. Bright colored characters fighting each other like good vs evil.

When the nWo rolled in to play, I found myself watching because of storylines and to see who was going to turn. Lucha Libre was all over the place at WCW and all the high fliers drew me in. ECW still had me with the craziness but with the characters as well.

Now it's still the workers who keep me around. I know more about the people who put the show on for us because of who I know. It's more like keeping up with friends who you have grown up with over time. Sometimes thats the only thing that keeps me around.

It's like waiting for Hunter to insult the writers, on air, about "who writes this stuff."

TNA still has me for the great moves. WWE has me because it's character driven with good rivalries. ECW has me still because I want to see if they will ever pull themselves back into something more like they were.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#274813 10/20/06 07:27 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish

the thing with shawn is because he is a born again christian [/quote]

He does a bunch of things that would go against being a Christian. If that is the case well fine, but he shouldn't choose to do some of the things and not all. It takes away from the DX thing. In my opinion.

Al

#274814 10/29/06 06:41 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think DX takes away from DX. They look ridiculous making stupid "rooster" jokes and giggling like 15 year old high school kids. I was a fan of the original DX and they were never dumb. They were funny and also edgy. The helmet with the windshield wipers when Slaughter talked was funny. The invasion of WCW's offices to get them to "Let their people go (Hall and Nash)" was brilliant and will go down in history as one of the most edgy things done in wrestling. Even their sexual jokes were edgy. Now it is like they are two little kids giggling about poopy and pee pee jokes. I don't think they are cool at all. They make me roll my eyes. I asked my 16 year old and he said not even kids his age act like that and, if they did, they wouldn't be very popular.

Maybe the people who like DX now, didn't know DX then?

Kind of like ECW fans and ones who never saw the original?

I also can't stand the way Shawn acts. He is much better and smarter than that and he makes himself look like a total dork. I am much bigger fan of Shawn the adult than Shawn the suddenly dumb goof.

(That whole thing came off harsh and I really didn't mean it to. Long night, bad day. Sorry.)

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
#274815 10/30/06 03:56 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I agree the old DX was much better and this DX would be great if they just took a no nonsense look at wrestling and just dominated the tag team and singles scene like I know they are capable of.

Let their antics stop at a crotch chop before using their signature moves or going for a pinfall.

The crotch chops meant so much more when they were individually doing it while Hunter was slowly turning face and before he and Micheals actually started teaming together.

To DX: Telegram: Your childish antics are no longer wanted... STOP. You need to just start wrestling and start dominating the wrestling world... STOP. Start collecting belts and stop trying to collect laughs...STOP. If we want laughs we will watch the spirit squad and Doink...Stop. Please....STOP!!!

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
#274816 11/01/06 01:19 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Well maybe it's because I don't take them to seriously and I see the kids enjoying them but I don't have a problem with their antics. Yes they have changed since the original DX but it's the entertainment business and if the kids are enjoying it what does it really matter? You know it's going to run it's course and end sooner or later..

#274817 11/19/06 02:38 PM
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
About DX well I like them!
Ok.
I didn't become a wrestling fan till the 90's so I missed a lot of good stuff including Hall as Razor, Nash as Diesel the list goes on.
I missed most of the old DX but wha t I like about this DX is the humour! And what I mean about that is that the humour is inclusive. It's inclusive to everyone.
You don't have to censor very much and their antics come off more like Tom Sawyer than malicious stuff.
And it isn't offensive to any groups not women, children, etc at least for the most part. And having McMahon as the [censored] of their jokes is hilirious like when they debuted and the [censored] pump, stripper etc.
Remembering the 90's yes there was definitly an attitude and a real edge to wrestling. But the use of sex went to the point of being offensive and pointless.
I really am not interested in seeing Sable or any other diva for that matter be bare breasted with paint over them. Or having storylines of divas getting pregnant and then miscarrying(Terri Runnells)especially as a woman who experienced this ; the list goes on.
The 90's did push storylines limits and I personally found some of the stuff very offensive I would have to turn the channel when this ca ca was ging on. However;
It was also a time when the Rock and Foley's star were rising to new heights. And I will always love the banter between Rock and Foley "the this is your life" segment where you could tell Rock could barely keep a straight face.
The humour had an innocence to it and was inclusive and I think that's where WWE shows it's savy cleverness by going in the direction of silly adolescent humour.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

yes it does continue today. I really do not enjoy seeing storylines where divas get beat up by the likes of Umaga. Or Gail Kim being thrown by Konnan. Yes I know that this is a storyline and that everyone is a pro and knows what they're doing but it's the message behind it.
And that violence against women is ok. because it's not. men and women are different biologically and that's that!

Elvira #288992 01/23/07 07:35 AM
Parakeet
Parakeet
When DX was last DX, their humor was anything but adolescent. It was edgy and somewhat shocking.

I liked it better but that's me. I liked them cool not childish.

I suppose it is moot now since DX may be on the way out with Triple H out.

It was a good run. There isn't much more mileage left in HBK vs Edge and Orton. Unless he calls Triple H weak and joins them but he says he doesn't like to be a heel so...what is left for DX but to finish it?

There just is nowhere to go and, in the process, they are ruining Edge and Orton's credibility. Two weeks in a row, HBK beat them both up. Ehhhhh. Not good for two up and comers (both former champs and good workers) to be beaten by a 40 year old guy who was once great but should be slowing down a bit and putting people over. (I hated to say that about Shawn but it is true.) Oh and Flair. And even older (by several years) legend who was great but should be a manager.

Hey! A stable. HBK, Orton, Edge, with Flair as manager. they run roughshod over everyone until...wait for it, wait for it...Triple H returns to thunderous ovation (??) and declares war on his enemies and former friends. He is joined by uhh, Cena and uhh...(help me out here) and a war games-like match ensues.

Or um, not wink

[color:"#800080"]Wrestling Editor: [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
WrestleEdPatty #289759 01/28/07 12:59 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
HHH and Cena would need someone else?? The King of Kings and The Marine...

Last edited by Mikieboy; 01/28/07 01:00 PM.
Mikieboy #289813 01/28/07 11:03 PM
Gecko
Gecko
There's just no way HHH could join up with a punk like Cena.
However the Stable idea I like very much. Flair certainly should be a manager.

Hmm, gives me an idea for a post.....

Tik'

I'll rap you with my Cane, you Pencil Neck Geek!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.