logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273805 10/07/06 02:00 PM
F
OP Offline
F
Has anyone had any experience with permanent make-up? How long does it last, what is the average cost etc.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#273806 10/14/06 08:57 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi,

I haven't had this done, but I've thought about it. The most important thing is to find someone who's properly trained and knows what they're doing.

Permanent makeup is tatooing, so it last as long as a tatoo would last. And if you don't like the result, it's just as difficult to remove.

So, check out some makeup artists and ask for references. See what their work looks like before you commit.

You may also want to ask the tatoo editor and the cosmetics editor about this:

http://www.bellaonline.com/site/bodyart

http://www.bellaonline.com/site/Cosmetics

Carolyn Schweitzer, DDS
Beauty Basics
#273807 10/14/06 11:42 AM
Elephant
Elephant
Permanent makeup is permanent, which means it doesn't fade or come off. I'm not sure what part of that you are unclear about.

Also, something like tattooed eyeliner can't be lasered off at all, as you can't use lasers near the eye, so one should never approach the idea of permanent makeup with any ideas that it can be removed later.

Costs vary from artist to artist, depending on what procedures you are having done, so you'll have to talk to someone who actually does permanent makeup for pricing.

I'd suggest finding someone who's actually had the procedure you are considering done who lives in your area, talking with them, seeing how the results look in both daylight and when it's darker at night. As with any tattoo artist, you should view lots of pictures of their work to make sure you are happy with their technique and to see examples of what you really want to have done (eyeliner, lipliner, etc). Never just look at one picture/example to decide.

#273808 10/26/06 05:47 PM
T
Shark
Shark
T
I think I would be too frightened to have permanent make- up done. Say when you are 80 you may not want to look quite the same as when you are younger. Make-up fashions do change.

Any one have the same opinion.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
#273809 10/26/06 07:46 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I looked into it seriously, because I love the look of eyeliner and mascara, but all of it irritates my eyes if I wear it regularly.

I decided not to do it after reading an article about it in a Kaiser publication in the waiting room at my doctor that pointed out that they use iron pigments instead of ink in permanent cosmetics and that it can make it extremely painful to have an MRI. I have a medical condition that can require yearly MRI's and decided that was too painful to contemplate... Otherwise, I probably would have.

Do keep in mind that fashions change. My mother plucked her eyebrows into the then-popular thin line in high school and college (she worked at the cosmetics counter at a pharmacy, so plucked more than the average person would) and they never really grew back to normal. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it, only that you probably want to go a little more subtle than you would wear on a daily basis today.

If you decide to go for it, post a picture!

Julie

#273810 11/29/06 03:18 PM
Shark
Shark
A gay friend of mine had a lipliner tatoo but he managed to have it removed , it was expensive, he regretted the whole idea. Now he has this allergies around his lips, not sure if the tatoo thingy has something to do with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.