logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#267189 09/07/06 08:40 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I was reading the posts on Cleansing and Purification last night and they were interesting. Although I am a pretty calm and relaxed person I have ALOT of people in my family who just are so wound up and have alot of negative things in their lives and it's like a tornado is swirling around me when I come around them.

I decided early this morning to try a bath with salt in it. It was so nice and quiet, before the kids woke up. While I was lying back in the bath water trying to relax and just visualze being calm and letting go of negative feelings, etc. All of a sudden this feeling of just being SO ANGRY just swept over me. I have NO idea where that came from. You know how you feel when someone just makes you so angry you feel like you will just lose your temper? That is the feeling that swept over me, and then as quick it was gone.

I wasn't mad about anything, or thinking bad thoughts or anything. Does the salt draw the negativity out of you? Was that what was supposed ot have happened to me? I kind of feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"All of us invent ourselves. Some of us just have more imagination than others."

Cher
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#267190 09/07/06 03:42 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
sounds like you had a powerful ritual experience!

Salt is a purifier. It naturally cleans away things like bacteria in the mundane world and energetically it draws out the negativity.

#267191 09/12/06 02:11 PM
S
S
Fiona is right..Salt is very powerfull..We have a african custom that if you drink sea water it also cleanses your sistem from the inside..

When I bath in salt I will lie in the bath until all the water is out..I visualise all my negative feelings flowing down the drain with the water..

Is it just me or is the water always warmer if you add sea salt to it??

Sometimes things or emotions from other people can cling to your aura and I think if you were not mad or anything you could've maybe gotten rid of a negative "blob" that was stuck to your aura..

#267192 09/12/06 02:59 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I can't say for anyone else, but I can really tell that bathing with the salt in the water is really helping me stay calmer and I just basically FEEL better.

I haven't really noticed whether the water feels warmer but I will try and remmeber if it does to me also and let you know. Maybe it has to do with how intense the negativity feels are it has drawn out?

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but since I have been using the salt in the water, and making a point to relax and meditate at night I have been having these really incredible, VIVID dreams everynight. The first night, after I took the bath that morning, I dreamed I was flying/floating inside my house! My dreams are usually VERY boring, this one was very memorable! I wish I knew what that dream meant.

Last edited by MoonShadows; 09/12/06 03:01 PM.

"All of us invent ourselves. Some of us just have more imagination than others."

Cher
#267193 10/10/06 08:03 PM
T
T
Funny you had the "angry" experience. I've been having that too lately. I like to go to the beach to relax, meditate sometimes and just clear out. The last 2 times at the beach, I got very agitated. Angry, snotty etc. My reason for being there was to calm so I don't understand why it had the opposite effect.
Angela

#267194 10/10/06 08:59 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
sometimes when we have something that needs to be dealt with and meditation can bring it to the surface for us to work through so that we can move on.

#267195 10/10/06 09:51 PM
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Hmmm, that has been happening a lot lately to me too. Once it gets to the surface, it stops and stays there, like right at the top of my head. I don't think I'm adequately getting rid of it, because it come back again the next time. In the morning I feel refreshed but at night when drawing and taking a hot bath with salt it's the same kind of angry energy. Lots of it swirling around here lately. I've been very grump and irritible, which isn't my usual nature. And I have plenty to be happy about. (the only thing I can think of was that a week ago I had a reiki treatment and I was interrupted during it. I had a bad headache afterward and now this crankiness. Any suggestions?

#267196 12/22/06 05:24 PM
In regards to salts ...

Epsom salt works wonders for the skin as well as being a salt ...

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them" ...
... John Bernard Books ... The Shootist ... 1970 ...

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.