logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265493 08/28/06 07:44 PM
OP Offline
I hope it's ok to post this here - if not, moderators, please feel free to remove it!

Next month (September 06) on my Mom-Defrazzler blog I am doing a month of the best quick menus for dinner. I have several to post already, but I'm needing more. I need recipes that are complete (i.e. from walking into the kitchen to sitting at the table) in 30 minutes or less. Whole menus are best, but I'll take a single dish if you have it.

They need to be well-balanced, healthy, and preference will be given to meals that use fish or are vegetarian/vegan (chicken and beef recipes are a dime a dozen, but if you have a REALLY good one, I'm listening).

If you have an online presence somewhere - even a business - I am happy to post a hyperlink to your site with the recipe submission.

Please PM me on this so we don't clog up the boards.

I sure appreciate anyone's help!

Thanks!

Darlene

Click here if you are a tired, stressed-out mom

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#265494 08/29/06 12:06 AM
Shark
Shark
Hey I recognize you! I don't have much for recipies but cannot wait to see what you come up with. I have a bad habit of buying something out of frozen foods or making a sandwich LOL!

#265495 08/29/06 03:28 AM
Gecko
Gecko
You might want to try the Quick Cooking forum.

#265496 08/29/06 08:36 AM
M
Shark
Shark
M
Posting here is great, as long as you don�t mind us posting recipes here. You can transfer what you would like.

Last week for a crowd I made a Shrimp Stir-fry.

Make instant rice. Than in a large fry pan or wok add:

a bag of cooked shrimp.
a can of baby corn
a bell pepper, a large onion, 1/2 pack of mushrooms, 1/2 carrot per person, and sliced cabbage, all chopped in what ever interesting cut you would like.

start to fry in 1-2 Tbsp oil. add approx. 1/2 cup of water, then spice the way you would like. I added garlic salt, ginger, celery salt, and Cajun spices. when veggies have softened to taste add a pack of instant noodles (cooked) Yumm!

Our favorite recipes are always thrown together from what�s around.

#265497 08/29/06 05:37 PM
M
Shark
Shark
M
I think many moms know the boiled ham dinner. (one pot, ham, potatoes, carrots, onion, and cabbage. Boiled gently till done.)

Anyway, last week we had company and I spent the week cooking for 12.

A new soup. After making a boiled ham dinner, I saved the juice. Then added: a can of maple syrup style baked beans, a can of 4 bean blend, a chopped onion, a small can of peas and the juice, and some pepper. I got rave reviews, it was different and gooood.

Quick and easy. My kids love a can of tuna fish mixed and heated with a can of mushroom soup, served over toast, and peas on the side.

#265498 08/30/06 11:53 AM
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
We get a bag of frozen cooked shrimp and thaw out. Cook on low-med heat on the stove in some minced garlic and butter and some oregano (I buy the garlic already minced in a jar)cook for about 2-3 minutes, stiring often

Then we get a box the Pasta Roni Angel Hair Garlic Olive Oil flavored noodles, make those as directed, add a little minced garlic to the pasta...add the shrimp and serve with a lettuce salad and sometimes garlic toast.

Sometimes my hubby grills the shrimp, and that is awesome too! Can add chicken to the noodles as well.

Mother of 2 sets of twins
Colton John and Caleb Andrew 6/17/2003
Just arrived on 11/20/2005- Ian Kohlman and Irelyn Kathleen
#265499 08/30/06 12:37 PM
L
L
Well i made this a few times. But i am not sure how long it takes to make it. But i buy chicken breast and cut them into chunks and kinda like frying them in strawberry wine. Arbor Mist. Then i buy the 2 boxes of mac & chees the white kind. I think of the name hehe. Then i cut potatoes into chunks. Add can of green beans & carrots. mix it together and let cook until the potatoes are soft.

Love is the greatest gift in the world so why hide it when you could use it.:)

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.