logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C

I'm in my mid 40's and a loving person, yet I seem to run very hot and cold when it comes to my friendships, both in person and online. There are days where I can't WAIT to respond to an online friend's message and feel such positive energy and attachment to her, and then there are other days where I want to fall off the face of the cyber earth and never speak to her again. What's up? (I don't have mental illness).

thanks !

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
Perhaps you have mood swings. I enjoy my friends and admit sometimes I do not feel like talking when they ring but after a few minutes I do enjoy it. I have one friend we e-mail each day telling of our small activities we are up to and would truly miss it. It is always nice to have friends and better still some one classes you as a friend.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Cooking,
I find I am the same way.
It seems the more depressed I am the more I isolate and shut down. I am a great friend and am always willing to help out someone but it seems when you need someone to help you out there is no one around and I think I am tired of giving and giving and giving...

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Wolf
Wolf
This mood swing happens to all of us.

I think sometimes people have so many things going on their loves and tend to stray from friendships and other things to deal with their own lives. I would not beat myself up over it I would just think maybe it happens on both sides of the friendship and you are just taking it personaly. So just try to keep in touch once a week, and assure the person you have not forgot about them and how important they are in your life.

Good Luck

"You will do foolish things but do them with enthusiam!"-Colette
it could be moodswings or simply you have fears that you may leaqrn things you might not like about this person or that you are scared that this person may turn his/her back on you...

J
J
I agree with everyone on this one. It may very well be human nature, the old mood swings rearring it's ugly head again.

"Learn and share Hypnosis Forum"
Shark
Shark
Mood swings and irritability have an emotional aspect as well. Perimenopause is a time when many women find their true voices. That�s a good and natural process. You may note the resurfacing of old emotional issues that remain unresolved. This work is important, not just to relieve your mood swings, but for your very health.

Women often come to us saying, �I thought I was losing my mind!� because they�re shocked by their mood swings and irritability. For them it�s a relief to know that their moods have a physical basis and can be relieved. There�s usually nothing wrong with you that you can�t fix by taking better care of yourself.

F
F
Friends can be drawn from all walks of life and from different settings and situations. You can make friends from your neighbourhood; through your children's school and friendship networks; from learning establishments; through hobbies or sporting activities; the Internet; through having a mutual or shared interest; and through your place of employment. The list is endless as are the quality of these friendships within your overall social network.

Learning to be your own best friend though, is the foundation upon which your social network of friendships must be built. When you have this grounding, you are alert to understanding the dynamics of your friendships and how these dynamics impact positively or negatively upon you.

How do you achieve this? Think about your friends in terms of the colours of the rainbow. Which colour(s) would you attribute to each of them and what meaning does your choice of colour(s) hold for you personally? For instance, you might refer to one friend as being red. Red to me signify
'passion' or 'vibrance', while for someone else it might mean 'danger'.

Is this particular friend always 'red', or does s/he change according to their situation/circumstances? What other colour does s/he change to? Alternatively, could it be you who are changing your colour?

Use this social network wellness wheel and exercise to help you gain deeper clarity into your friendships:

http://www.health-womens-healthy-living-goals.com/social-network-wellness.html

F
F
Friends can be drawn from all walks of life and from different settings and situations. You can make friends from your neighbourhood; through your children's school and friendship networks; from learning establishments; through hobbies or sporting activities; the Internet; through having a mutual or shared interest; and through your place of employment. The list is endless as are the quality of these friendships within your overall social network.

Learning to be your own best friend though, is the foundation upon which your social network of friendships must be built. When you have this grounding, you are alert to understanding the dynamics of your friendships and how these dynamics impact positively or negatively upon you.

How do you achieve this? Think about your friends in terms of the colours of the rainbow. Which colour(s) would you attribute to each of them and what meaning does your choice of colour(s) hold for you personally? For instance, you might refer to one friend as being red. Red to me signify
'passion' or 'vibrance', while for someone else it might mean 'danger'.

Is this particular friend always 'red', or does s/he change according to their situation/circumstances? What other colour does s/he change to? Alternatively, could it be you who are changing your colour?

Use this social network wellness wheel and exercise to help you gain deeper clarity into your friendships:

http://www.health-womens-healthy-living-goals.com/social-network-wellness.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.