Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
L
Shark
Shark
L
Everyone is entitled to a loving sexual relationship gay or straight, imo.

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I believe this too loveapple, but find it difficult to understand why some Christians do not. Why are some of my Chriatian friends happy to see Homosexual people find loving partners to share their lives with, while others say we must remain celibate?

If it is because the relationship is 'outside marriage' then that is hardly fair, seeing that marriage is denied us legally. (though not in all places in the world. I believe it is accepted in Canada and parts of Europe) Metropolitan Community Church has a marriage service for homosexual couples, called a Holy Union. So the idea that same sex relationships are outside of marriage is not accurate. So why is it wrong? If the law of the land does not permit us to marry, then it seems unfair to tell us that we are living in sin because we aren't married!

It is very cruel to condemn us to lives of celibacy. Very, very cruel!

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

L
Shark
Shark
L
You are right Patience, it is very sad indeed. I suspect if Jesus was here today he would be standing alongside gays and would have some very stinging remarks to make about the hateful attitude of some Christians! It has to be noted that Jesus never once condemned homosexuals, so he couldn't have thought it a big deal. Maybe Jesus or some of his disciples were gay for all we know!

Gecko
Gecko
Derogatory terms will not be tolerated. From this post on, Christians will be refered to as "Christians" not "Fundies". Anyone using this term will be asked to edit their post publically and if they do not, they will be banned from the forum.

We will not use the terms "gay" "queer" "lez" "fag".... not that any of these terms have been used in excess, but we will not use hem. Anyone using them will be asked to edit their post publically and if they donot, then they will be banned.

I iwll be watching...

Can we please return to a normal tone of discussion or I iwll be forced to lock the topic.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
L
Shark
Shark
L
Sorry I shouldn't have used the word 'fundie'if it is offensive to fundamentalists in the US. I do find the hatred towards homosexuals displayed on this forum very offensive.

I should add that I am a happily married heterosexual who defends the right of anyone one to be in the skin they are in whether it is gay, straight or transsexual!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I also find the hatred directed toward homosexuals destestable. But it has been allowed to stand without censure. Hmmmmmm

Jan Goldfield

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
No need to apologize Natalie. I wasn't at all upset by anything you said. Quite the contrary! It was just that I wanted to point out that it wasn't my post anyone was referring to.

Carennedy,I just wanted to ask you, are you saying that Homosexual people should not have intimate relationships with their loved ones? Even when vows have been made and taken as sacred? Are you suggesting that we should all remain celibate all our lives?

Patience.

patience,

I know your not going to like my answer, but here it is.

If an individual such as yourself desires to be close to God then it would be that part of you that God is asking you to sacrifice for him. Just as Mother Theresa choose to sacrifice her sexual self for God. (I'm not saying she was a lesbian.)

If you want to believe in God and you want to have a sexual relationship, that is possible it only means that it won't be as close as if you sacrificed that part of you.

If you want no relationship with God then it doesn't matter, live your life as you want.

In the end it's your life, your choice and I do not have any right to force you to make a different choice. In the end I can't stand in for you on the day of judgement, only you can. If God does not exist and the Bible is a farce then what you do with your life doesn't matter. But if he does exist and the Bible is his word.....

Parakeet
Parakeet
patience, you are right, recently Canada did pass laws to allow for same sex marriage. There will be an issue when a homosexual couple asks to be married in a church and it is denighed to them and they take the church to court. We are aware it will happen.

I was denighed a church marriage because I was co-habitating with my fiancee at the time. I understood why and didn't take them to court for it.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
You are right Patience, it is very sad indeed. I suspect if Jesus was here today he would be standing alongside gays and would have some very stinging remarks to make about the hateful attitude of some Christians! It has to be noted that Jesus never once condemned homosexuals, so he couldn't have thought it a big deal. Maybe Jesus or some of his disciples were gay for all we know!

Jesus never condemned anyone he came in contact with, he was there to forgive sin. The fact that he never forgave a homosexual is more glaring because it means it was not forgivable to him.

He forgave the lady at the well, she was co-habitating and had several husbands. He didn't tell her to continue to sin but forgave her and then said go sin no more.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Michelle,

I wanted to note that deragatory remarks towards homosexuals has not been used by those who are Christian but by those who are against Christianity.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.