logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
If your God would condemn millions of Homosexual people to lives without love and companionship, then I certainly wouldn't want any part of such a deity. I suppose that is why I am not a Christian and never will be.

Oh please do not think that God would do this. He never would. He wants you to have a life full of love, companionship and happiness. Like any father he only wants the best for his children.

Love, companionship and happiness are not about sexual relationships. Sexual relationships are about biology not Love. You can love someone and have a close relationship with them without having sex with them.

God wants your life to be filled with many loving relationshps. There are many different types of love in the Bible, sexual love is only one and not even the top one.

1 John 4:7-8 was made into a children's christian song that I listened to over and over and it was on Agape Love, the best love you can have.

"Beloved, Love is of God for anyone who loveth is born of God, knoweth God, He that Loveth not, Knoweth not God for God is Love."

The New Living Translation says:
"Dear Friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God - for God is love. Verses 9-10 continue to say "God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

Please don't confuse Sex with Love. Too many do this and look at our world because of it. There are more songs about heart break then about love, because we don't understand love.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
I appreciate your view, Carennedy BUT:

"You can love someone and have a close relationship with them without having sex with them."

NOT WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH THEM! How many heterosexuals fall in love, marry, and choose not to have an intimate relationship with their partner? None that I know of and I've lived a long time! (almost 68 years!)

Yes, there are many different kinds of love, and I can have a platonic love for friends, but I cannot have an intimate relationship with the one who is my partner without expressing that love in the way that heterosexuals express their love for their spouses. To me, sex alone is something that one indulges in WITHOUT love, and that is quite impossible for me. To me, expressing love intimately is part of the beauty and bonding of an intimate relationship with someone I choose to spend my life with - to love and to cherish, for better or for worse.

Patience.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
To expect people in same sex relationships to live celibate lives because of what some god is believed to have said is wicked and inhuman and, as I said, I want no part of such a diety. Do you have the slightest idea what agony that would be? Or perhaps you've never been in love?

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
John Adams

Parakeet
Parakeet
Been in love and happily married thanks.

The sex isn't why I love him and he complains that it is only once a month.... I could do without that too sometimes. Sex is sex it's not love. Too many young girls are confused on this issue and their hearts get broken.

The thing is patience, this is a Christian forum, for people who believe in God and the Holy Bible as his word. It is a choice for all whether or not you follow him or your own desires. It matters little to us what you decide, but it does matter greatly to God because he loves you and wants to be a part of your life now and in the hereafter.

No one here is any better than anyone else in this world, we are all sinners. Some of us have choosen to have our sins forgiven by following the Trinity. In doing so I'm filled with the Holy Spirit and I sin less because of it. I'm driven to spread the word of God and learn more about it. I'm inspired to give money to those who ask me and to those that don't. To hear someone use the name of God as a curse now grates on me, where before it would tumble out of my mouth without thought. I don't enjoy getting drunk whereas before it was normal part of my week. Sex now is not a large part of my relationship, before it was all my many relationships had.

The Holy Spirit has changed me, the blood of Jesus has cleansed me, and God has redeemed me. Even with that I still sin when I am thinking only of myself.

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
OK. Maybe we need to define what we mean by sex.

For me,I tend to associate the word 'sex' with sexual relations without love. It's 'just sex'!

When I speak of an intimate, physical relationship between two people who love eachother and are in a committed relationship, I prefer to refer to this physical expression as 'making love'. It is a blending of two bodies, hearts and souls in the closest means available to us. it is something sacred and beautiful. It IS LOVE in it's most intimate form of expression. It is tender, caring, gentle and with full consideration for the other person. It is not about personal gratification. It is sharing of one's self with the other in a way that can only be described as mutual 'giving' of love. It can also be fun, pleasure, delight and ecstasy. It is the way one can become 'one' with the other.

Anything less than that is 'just sex'. Just a 'romp'. Without the tender feelings of mutual love and respect, it is just lust.

I have been blessed in knowing the tenderness and 'oneness' of 'making love' in it's highest form, and to say that this is not love, is to insult the God you believe in who created it.

John Adams

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Homosexuality is an abomination before God. Read Leviticus

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Leviticus 18:22

amadeus1220 - I have already replied to this quote. If you go to my last post on page 3, you can read it.

John Adams

Shark
Shark
Ok I have to step in here. I agree that there is a big differnce between Sex with love and sex with lust wether it be two men or women or a man and a women or at lest there should be a BIG DIFFERNCE!!! I get your point Patience. I also think there are bigger fish to fry then issuses on homosexuals but sence im here... I dont think homosexuality is any bigger sin then any other!!! being gay does not buy your ticket to hell any more or less then lying or disobaying you parents!!! As long as you ask God to forgive you and Ask Jesus in to your heart then the bible says your saved just like every other person on the planet!!! As far as wither homosexuality is a sin or not.... I'll ask God when i get there and until then Ill let God be God and stick to my believe of do not jugde minnor details about people!!!

sorry if this offence anyone but why are we debating an issuse that offouvely we dont agree on? why try to change someone with fact and fiction and opnoines? why not learn to understand where the other one is coming from instead of debating?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Amoeba
Amoeba
Amen emaster101.

It is our vascillating and not wishing to "condemn wrong" that gets us into so much trouble! I love others as Christ commands. We love them, but not their sin. Revelations is clear about how God views those who choose not to be "black and white" - He will spew those out of his mouth who are lukewarm. Either it is wrong, or it is right. There can be no in between when choosing God. He is faithful and just. He is righteous. He is the judge of persons. Why walk the line. His character is consistent throughout the Bible. It does not change simply because someone "doesn't agree" or wants to please everyone - and yet on our day before Him - who of these you have tried to please, and not offend or prove yourself 'ok with them' will be standing next to you?

Carissa Vaughn Mental Health Editor
Wolf
Wolf
Do we all know what god wants?
Every religion has got its own ideas about god.
are they all true?
I think that we should pray and seek answers from god directly.

Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.