Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#254031 06/15/06 08:34 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
So, is MySpace.com getting a bad rap these days?
By now we should know that predators show up everywhere an especially online.

A 16 year old Michigan girl heads off to Israel with plans of getting married to a man she met on MySpace.com.

Right out of the horses mouth I heard the mother say, "I got my daughter a Passport at her request."

Mom believed daughter was going to Canada with a friend and their family.

Wow, I guess the days are gone for parents picking up the tele and placing calls to say, "Hey, so you're taking my child to Canada?"

No, they're not gone, some parents still do corny mushy caring things like that and thank goodness I know a few.

Mom's says, "A Computer will Never come back in my house!"

Deep man...

Vicki L. Forte'
Bellaonline
Crime Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#254032 06/15/06 05:53 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I know we had a girl a few miles from our town get picked out on MySpace by a man she had never met. She put info on there that led him to her town. He lives and was a truck driver in GA. He decided since he was in the area that he would go to her house and pick her up. As far as I know, she never ever talked to the guy. He stopped at a store and asked where she lived. They knew her and tipped the family off. It is scary how trusting the kids are today with it so easy to find people.

#254033 06/16/06 08:07 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Yep, they're trusting because they are merely kids.

I'm glad the people at the store became corny mushy and caring, then decided to pick up the telephone.

Glad to hear of a happy ending, because things could have gone much worse.

Vicki L. Forte'
BellaOnline
Crime Editor

#254034 06/16/06 10:23 AM
Gecko
Gecko
It's a load of rubbish. I keep emailing them to find out how to upload music files, but they don't reply. rubbish, rubbish, rubbish....myspace is rubbish*

*absolutely true

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
#254035 06/16/06 11:15 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I can't speak on uploading their music, I've never even attempted to try it.

Vicki L. Forte'
BellaOnline
Crime Editor

#254036 06/20/06 04:39 PM
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
MYSPACE tightened the rules more. If a monor sets up an account, he or she can no longer be messged by anyone who they don't invite on their friends list. This means predators can't even approach. Now if the minor is looking at other users profiles & likes what they see, they can invite them to as friends to chat.
So another words, this new setup assumes that minors are to already have & use their common sense & street smarts. If they invite a person who just so happens to become a predator, it is because the minor lacked common sense which is soley the parent's responsibility to teach & monitor, not myspace.
Myspace has been beneficial to musicians promoting their music as well as others who take upon a business venture.
It's serves as the ultimate online word of mouth advertising for them. It's free & it also wonder how the creators & owners of Myspace don't charge some kind of fee????

#254037 06/21/06 08:14 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Shawn Lester told The Saginaw News that her daughter has �never given me a day�s trouble. ... I just don�t understand with all these new laws protecting America how a 16-year-old kid could get out of the country.� She said her daughter never had a boyfriend and seemed to be content with that.

How about YOU got her a passport. BTY I've been to Canada a couple of times. I never needed a passport. Has that changed since 9/11 or something? It has been a long time.

#254038 06/21/06 09:49 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hey forcegx7,

I just seen a segment on the Today Show where MySpace has modified and made the changes you spoke of.

They also reported, that MySpace is currently being sued for 30 million dollars by a 14 year old girl and her parents.

She went out on a dinner date with an older guy, that portrayed himself as a younger man and was raped.

I pray these young people start making better decisions when it comes to their safety.

On the Tyra Banks Show, she also had a segment on how MySpace has helped launch many careers. Her major focus was the pros IF MySpace is used wisely. I was impressed.

Vicki L. Forte'
BellaOnline
Crime Editor

#254039 06/21/06 10:01 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hello hollyism,

Welcome to the forum, great post.

Shawn Lester should be thanking her lucky stars that Authorities made her daughter go home -
Go Home Little Girl!

From my understanding if you are entering Canada by boat or plane a passport is needed beginning 12/06 and if you are entering Canada by vehicle a passport will be needed beginning 12/07.

And, yes the laws are changing due to 9/ll.

Vicki L. Forte'
BellaOnline
Crime Editor

#254040 06/21/06 03:46 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Even if they aren't putting info on other than things like what state you are in or something like that, when they post cheerleading pictures with the team on it. It makes it easy to find them. The story I was talking about earlier, the girl had never even talked to the man. He just figured out where she was from by her info. Scary!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.