Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
There is an interesting article Here:
Narrow focus draws 'PG' rating for Baptist-backed film

While I don't agree with the rating, I see it as the way the world is heading. (And I don't see that as a good way) The main problem I see is that there are films that promote or glorify homosexual relationships that are rated G. If the industry feels that content needs to be rated, as a parent and grandparent, I would like to be warned before seeing one of these movies or television shows.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think the problem is proselytizing. Imagine if the film were telling how you should become a Muslim. Most people would go berserk.

Zebra
Zebra
I agree with the decision. I think they were absolutely right to give the rating they did, and would welcome it whatever the Religion/discipline concerned....

Common sense and impartiality has prevailed.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Common sense and impartiality has prevailed.

As I explained, the decision is not impartial. There are many lifestyles encouraged in G rated films that I may not want my children exposed to.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Quote:
There are many lifestyles encouraged in G rated films that I may not want my children exposed to.

Could you please give an example?

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Did you read the first post? There are others as well, but I won't get into it. The one mentioned was just an example.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Indeed, I read the first post. However, both times that I've attempted to click on the link you provided, my computer froze.

Since I can't access the article, I'm just asking for a concrete example of a G-rated film that depicts a lifestyle with which you don't agree.

Koala
Koala
I might give it a PG for subject matter--depression. Depression does tend to be a dark story, no matter how its told. But PG because it has a heavy religious theme? Please.

At any rate, the link worked for me with no problems.

Gecko
Gecko
Quote:

Since I can't access the article, I'm asking for a concrete example of a G-rated film that depicts a lifestyle with which you don't agree.

Get back in the cutlery drawer mrs sharp!

Mind Flight Sonic Warriors free mp3's and hilarious movies involving swans by Robert P. Abelson "The field of statistics is misunderstood by ... Reviewer/1976:,
Peter Flom "statistical consultant" (New York, NY USA) - See ...
Gecko
Gecko
I fully agree with Lynn... the world is becoming more and more tolerant of alternative beliefs and lifestyles than the traditional role models of the past. Although I personally am not hostile towards those who live alternatively, I feel that Christian themes should be addressed as openly as alternative themes are. In fact, i often approach movies or music with a Christian attitude and express it so my children can perceive something they hear or see from a Christian perspective.

Two things come to mind.... forst, the movie Signs with mel gibson. I feel this is a highly Christian movie, aliens beside the point. It is a movie about faith and the plan and design of God. If you haven't seen it, rent it and watch for the message of God. The message is this, We may not understand His motives, but in the end everything works out for good for those who believe. God is in control.

Second, there are many songs out today that deal with spiritual content, such as Broken Road by Rascal Flats... or If I ain't Got You by Alicia Keyes... just change "baby" to "Jesus".

Last edited by BiblBasixEditor; 07/15/06 12:22 AM.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.