logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
What if one of your family members died in the World Trade Center on 9/11? How would you feel if you lost a parent or a child on that day? Would you be so cocky or would you demand justice? You are writing about something of which you know very little. I have stood at Ground Zero in New York City. Have you?

REMEMBER 9/11

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Natalie, why are you being so nasty? President Bush is NOT "freaking delusional" and he has not caused grief and damage, that was done by terrorists! As far as you saying the poor soldiers dying for NOTHING; they are fighting terrorists!! Terrorists who are cowards and hide in innocent people's houses to bomb innocent countries and use innocent women as shields and cowards who use planes with innocent people on board to bomb American buildings to destroy lives, security, economy and the peaceful way of life. You want to be a freespirit, Natalie, then you should allow other people to also be freespirits without being so harsh to them.

The link you have in you post is another example how you are trying to enflame or incite this forum with a bunch of negative or nasty remarks. Why would you want to try to push away some of your forum friends in America? We are proud in America. We don't try to knock your country, so quit knocking ours!

Latest email being sent around... What do YOU think? You can check for accuracy with your muslim friends.

Allah or Jesus?

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion in the United States, especially in the minority races.

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?"

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, "Non-believers!"

I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in Heaven. Is that correct?"

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of "a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar." He sheepishly replied, "Yes".

I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee a place in Heaven."

The Imam was speechless. I continued, " I also have a problem with being your friend, when your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to Heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be there with me?"

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President! I think everyone in the US should be required to read this but with the liberal justice system, liberal media, and the ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized.

Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts. This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well known leader in prison ministry.

C
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
C
Me being nasty???? your kidding right? And what jimbo did by going into the islam forum and mocking their religion by telling them they were going to hell wasant nasty? I expressed an opinion that you dont agree with.If you think that is nasty then I am sorry that is not my problem.

I was NOT inciting anything - I just put that link up there to show people what a bigot he really is.

As for my opinions about America I didint say anything so nasty - just the truth the way I SEE IT.You dont have to agree with me - noone does.This is a forum and different views are expressed.

I dont hate America at all. I just think it is realy sad the way the country has gone down hill.Growing up I idolised America - I even had a big poster of the Flag in my room and I dreamed of visiting America and I still do. I think there are some beautiful places to visit.I am not bagging the country itself ar its people - I am bagging the pathetic goverment there that has stuffed things up in a big way.

So there will be enough muslim voters in 20 years to elect a president?

Do you feel threatened by that do you?

L
Shark
Shark
L
Bush is dillusional and mentally challenged and that is being kind about him!

We see him most nights of on our TV screens in the UK and it is clear he has completely lost the plot!

"Look beyond the disability, see the perfection of the soul". RJG
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
If Bush is so brave, why did he use his connections to avoid serving in Viet Nam? Why do you have to sign a loyalty oath to even get into his appearances? Why does he fence in all dissent in "free speech zones"?

If he's so smart, why has he run every business he's ever run into the ground?

If he's so honest, why did he steal two elections?

Yes I said steal. If you don't believe it, read Chapter 3 of Greg Palast's book The Best Democracy Money Can Buy. He puts the documentary evidence right in front of your nose. I've challenged many people to do this and have not had anyone do it and then insist that the election was not stolen.

Examine the statistical data which is posted on the web for anyone to examine regarding the last election. These are professionals using exactly the same measures as are used throughout the world to determine whether an election was conducted honestly or not. The data for our election mirrors that of the overturned Ukraine election. If ours was legit, so was theirs, and we all know theirs wasn't.

As for why you should believe foreign news over US news? Reporters Without Borders just came out with a list putting the countries with the most free press at the top and those with the least free at the bottom. Where did the US come out? 53! Fifty-freakin'-three! Below places like Bosnia and Ghana. That's why!

DJC in Norwich, UK

www.donnajcarty.co.uk
I welcome comments on my website.
Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
From what I gather from friends who have visited the USA, their media is very insular and doesn't cover the rest of the world unless American interests are directly affected. No wonder they don't seem to know how the rest of the planet ticks!

I agree with this.

L
Shark
Shark
L
Quote:
If Bush is so brave, why did he use his connections to avoid serving in Viet Nam? Why do you have to sign a loyalty oath to even get into his appearances? Why does he fence in all dissent in "free speech zones"?

If he's so smart, why has he run every business he's ever run into the ground?

If he's so honest, why did he steal two elections?

Yes I said steal. If you don't believe it, read Chapter 3 of Greg Palast's book The Best Democracy Money Can Buy. He puts the documentary evidence right in front of your nose. I've challenged many people to do this and have not had anyone do it and then insist that the election was not stolen.

Examine the statistical data which is posted on the web for anyone to examine regarding the last election. These are professionals using exactly the same measures as are used throughout the world to determine whether an election was conducted honestly or not. The data for our election mirrors that of the overturned Ukraine election. If ours was legit, so was theirs, and we all know theirs wasn't.

As for why you should believe foreign news over US news? Reporters Without Borders just came out with a list putting the countries with the most free press at the top and those with the least free at the bottom. Where did the US come out? 53! Fifty-freakin'-three! Below places like Bosnia and Ghana. That's why!

DJC in Norwich, UK

You know I wonder if Dubya does have one talent and that is hypnotism! Surely no one in the US would support him otherwise?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press. In short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past years."

Think that is a quote from GB? Nope, see below for the author

Adolph Hitler
(Taken from The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1, Michael Hakeem, Ph.D.
(London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pp. 871-872.)

Jan Goldfield

L
Shark
Shark
L
Quote:

"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press. In short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past years."

Think that is a quote from GB? Nope, see below for the author

Adolph Hitler
(Taken from The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1, Michael Hakeem, Ph.D.
(London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pp. 871-872.)

Frightening!

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Quote:
Quote:
To all the Bush-supporters out there:
Do you realise that Clinton left Bush with a $236 BILLION federal Surplus and that 4 years later, Bush had changed that into a more than $400 BILLION Deficit?? Do you still think the country is in sound financial shape??

Actually, the "surplus" when Clinton left office was $127 billion and the deficit FY05 was $319. Unfortunately, Clinton's "surplus" included $5.8 trillion of debt, which was inherited by Bush. Additionally, much of what accounted for the "surplus" had nothing to do with Clinton's financial leadership. For instance, the tax payments on capital gains were a record $90 billion higher in 2000 which had an obvious effect on the budget.

There are so many factors which go into calculating the budget surplus/deficit, many of which change depending on who is in Office. So, you cannot truthfully say that you are comparing apples to apples.

You must also consider the recession Bush inherited from Clinton, as well as the financial effects of 9/11 and Katrina.

Bush has made great advances in improving the financial situation of our country. To name a few, he has provided tax relief to the citizens that needed it the most, his FY05 revenues were the largest in history, and after tax income for citizens has risen 15%. And these are just a few items, I could go on.

Brooke

You are right when you say that the U.S. was about 5.8 trillion in debt when Clinton took office. But by the time he left, Clinton had lowered the GROWTH of debt to almost zero (o.32%). When Bush Jr. took over, the growth of debt started to skyrocket until now the growth of debt is around 600 billion a year. As of now, the U.S. is over $8.5 trillion in debt.

The budget deficits/surpluses for Clinton and Bush are the following (in billions)(These numbers come from the Congressional Budget Office):

1994- $255 deficit
1995- $203 deficit
1996- $164 deficit
1997- $21 deficit
1998- $69 surplus
1999- $125 surplus
2000- $236 surplus
2001- $128 surplus
2002- $158 deficit
2003- $378 deficit
2004- $413 deficit
2005- $318 deficit

You can clearly see that Clinton took a deficit inherited by Bush Sr. and in 4 years turned it around to a surplus. Bush Jr. then took that surplus inherited by Clinton and within one year turned it around to a deficit.

Your statement that Bush has provided tax relief to citizens who need it the most is only true if you think that the richest 1% of the country are the ones who need it most. For example, in 2004, the poorest 20% of workers in the country, who earned on average $16,600 a year, got a tax cut of $250, which is 2% of their income, or 68 cents a day. The richest 1% of the country, with an average income of $1.1 million, got a tax break of $78,460, which is 7% of their income.

For Social Security, anyone who makes under $87,900 has to pay 6.2% of their income on Social Security tax. Anyone who makes above that doesn't have to pay any Social Security tax at all. For taxpayers who earn for than $87,900, this comes as a $85 billion tax break.

I could really go on ad nauseam, but hopefully you get the point. Bush is as fiscally irresponsible as he is incompetent: a downright dangerous president for the American people, who surely deserve better than they're getting right now.

Some links you may want to check out:
[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.