logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
#250712 11/16/06 07:26 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I can only answer for myself, because while many Pagans and Wiccans believe as I do, but others do not.

I believe that Jesus was a great teacher and tried to impart a lot of wisdom to the people he reached out to. I do not believe that he is God other than the fact that we are all sacred and therefore we are all God and we are all Goddess.

I believe the same about the Buddha and Mohammed. There have always been people of wisdom who worked to help others see the wisdom in themselves.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
Jesus healed like God. Jesus was worshipped like God. Jesus controlled the weather like God. Jesus prophesied like God. Jesus read men's hearts and minds like God. Jesus raised the dead like God. Jesus said He was God. Jesus was resurrected like God. Jesus is God.

Parakeet
Parakeet
There are many mythologies around the world that have similar stories about healing, resurection, etc.

As I said, I believe he was a great teacher and a wise man.

You are welcome to have a different belief than I do. However, this forum is about Wicca and Wiccan beliefs. If you would like to discuss the beliefs of other religions like Christianity there are forums for those religions as well.

T
Shark
Shark
T
I did not initiate a discussion about Jesus. It was brought up by you in an above post. Since you brought the subject up I just thought it was relevant to chime in. If someone brings up the subject of wicca in a Christian forum would you not feel compelled to comment? It wouldn't bother Christians if you did.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I did not initiate a discussion about Jesus. I asnwered a question about MY beliefs that was asked by someone several months ago. You brought the topic back up and I responded.

My point in responding was that you are entitled to your belief just as I am entitled to my own and that is where the discussion ends.

T
Shark
Shark
T
Why does the discussion end?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Because as I said this is not a forum about Christianity it is a forum about Wicca.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Also, as an aside to all of the visitors following this thread. I would ask everyone please read the forum guidelines that were posted today. As some of you know, these are a long time coming and I am finally getting around to following the lead of other editors smile

But I hope that everyone will respect the code of conduct, not just in this forum but all around the site.

Thanks

T
Shark
Shark
T
We have people discussing the differences between buddhism and Christianity in the Christian forum without problem but I can take a hint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Fiona - Wicca Editor
Also, as an aside to all of the visitors following this thread. I would ask everyone please read the forum guidelines that were posted today. As some of you know, these are a long time coming and I am finally getting around to following the lead of other editors smile

But I hope that everyone will respect the code of conduct, not just in this forum but all around the site.

Thanks

Just wanted to say sorry if you thought of me as well as lovelove when posting this. I may have been a little cattier than usual. I'll be nicer.

And, lovelove, I really don't mean offense in our discourses. I have already thought about the Christian religion, and it didn't/doesn't fit me. I'm very happy in my beliefs, as I'm sure the rest of the Wiccans/Pagans are. Many people come from Christian backgrounds. Though Christianity may be right for you, I hope that you will look into some of the true history behind both of the Bibles. I think you will find more behind the scenes than what was printed in the Old and New Testaments. Those two texts have been twisted many times through the millenia. That doesn't make Jesus any less of a great man, but it does cause one to think and thinking for yourself is what it is all about...

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.