logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sounds like more and more individuals are faced with this delema. It would be helpful if those that have had sucesses or failures with this relationship dynamic would add some of their advice to these love struck step siblings.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
it seems like no one has advice for us .. hopefully everything will work out for all of us.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I wish I could be of more help but I'm a minority. My parents are still together and I'm still with my husband. So no experience here.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Well Help has arrived, thanks to the Step Parenting Editor. Please see the link below on her latest article regarding this very issue.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art23429.asp

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
I read the article and I still believe that it's the people's judgements and reactions (that typically stem from insecurity) are what complicates the stepfamily not the relationship itself. I don't think it's right or even moral for someone to impose outside interference on anybodys relationship unless there are instances of physical or extreme verbal abuse is occuring. I also feel that she made too much of a big deal about how each member of the family should label each other.
She did state at the end that the relationship could work and even help the family dynamic to become stronger. That I can appreciate.

S
S
the article was okay but it basically only discussed marriage and what would happen. It didnt really talk about the problems that a step-sibling couple faces before marriage..which is what most of us need

Parakeet
Parakeet
Sundreams104 if your not looking at this relationship as the one with a future then I suggest you forget about it.

Relationships are complicated enough without adding to it and your immaturity will only bring heartache to your parents.

S
S
no its not that, its just that to even get to the marriage part, most of these couples need to face the before marriage problems (which everyone in the forum seems to be facing), which i think is pretty tough.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What I am trying to say is. Figure out if you want to live through the marriage issues of this type of relationship before you decide to continue.

Marriage is hard. Every morning I wake up and decide to love my husband. That's right, decide to. The feeling of love can wear thin after 8 years and the problems associated with living together and creating a life together quickly overshadow the giddy love. Life gets in the way, even if you try not to let it, work, kids, friends, and family all take its tole on a marriage. So every morning you have to make a decision to love your partner no matter what.

Every relationship is different and will take a lot more than advice on an anonymous forum. Talk to someone you trust, a pastor, a councellor, a parent. Someone who has experience with marriage. It's always a good idea to talk to someone who has a failed marriage to find out the pit falls and the heartache as well as someone who has a long successful marriage, like a grandparent.

Regardless who your marrying it is always a good idea to go into a serious relationship with your eyes wide open.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I've gone looking for help for you again.

Keep checking the step family, relationship and dating forum for help.

Last edited by Carennedy; 08/07/06 09:20 PM.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.