logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Parakeet
Parakeet
Have any of your friends moved on with these relationships and how are they doing?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
My friend really hasn't. He'll go out on dates & meet other woman, but in his mind they just never measure up to his dad's stepdaughter. She I guess has been going out on dates with a different guy here & there. It seems that she's developed a reputation of being permiscuous (spelling?). She's been acting out which I think is a direct result of repressing herself from my friend who she really has true feelings for.

Parakeet
Parakeet
She obviously has issues. She sounds like she could use a friend more than a boyfriend. Someone who would protect her and help her. Since your friend loves her so much, he should step up and be a friend first and foremost.

You know the old saying, if you love something let it go if it comes back, then it's yours. Or something along those lines.

I was really hoping that someone who has been through this situation would post something to help you out.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Forcegx7 - do either of them have other siblings or are they both only children?

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
He is the only child. She has a sister & 2 brothers who are younger.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What do her siblings think of the whole thing?

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Hmmm...good question! I'll have to ask him & get back to you.

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Ok, I guess he doesn't really know them all that well & they don't know him. So as far as what they think of it, he doesn't think they even think about it. They are much younger, between the ages of 11 & 16 & busy doing their own teenage things. When he goes over to visit his dad, he gets along with them but not much more is said than hi & goodbye. It sounds like they just see him as the guy who comes over to visit his father.
So why were you asking?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Well they are in the same boat as their sister when it comes to the step sibling thing. If they don't see him as a step brother then is he one?

S
S
I�ve read all of the posts about step-siblings in relationships and I actually joined bellaonline just to reply to the topic.

One year and six months ago, my step brother and I became romantically involved. I could go on with a whole elaborate story ( because I am a hopeless romantic) but I�ll give the short version. Our parents were married a little over a year before it happened. Before their marriage, we didn�t really know one another and we only talked a few times so we never grew up together. However there are so many other factors that society and my own family would view as inappropriate.

First, since our parent�s marriage, we have lived under the same roof. There has been tension since the beginning and he and I were always extremely flirty and close, which other siblings noticed and automatically labeled us as �weird.�

Second, we have a huge age gap. I�m not going to give exact numbers, but it is about a five year age difference. In my mind, there is nothing wrong with this mainly because I am extremely mature for my age and he is pretty immature and inexperienced for his age Another thing is, NO ONE knows except for my one friend and I�m not exactly sure if he�s told anyone. The whole thing is a great big secret and we both still live under our parents� roof. I�m basically living one gigantic lie which brings me to why we could never tell our parents.

Before anything happened with him and I, one of my siblings freaked out and said something to my crazy father who then freaked out at my mother and caused a whole drama. Yes at the time I would have loved to have something going on between us but at the time nothing was. From that point on, our parents became suspicious and kept a close watch on us. Also, because my father obviously didn�t agree with the situation, he basically disowned me for a while and did not want any part of me. Then my stepfather became like a father to me. Yes, I am now fine with both my father and my step father but we have a lot of issues.

For the past nine months, him and I have been trying to end it. Its next to impossible. I love him with all of my heart and I know that he loves me as much, maybe even more. I would risk it all to be with him but he has made it clear that he wouldn�t. I don�t blame him at all either. He�s close with his family and I would never want to be blamed for him not talking to them one day because of our relationship. The whole situation is just so hard and I definitely do not recommend it. However, he is moving out soon and I should be moving out in about a year, so I�m hoping that when I don�t have to see him everyday we will finally be able to get over each other. It just makes it hard because I don�t WANT to get over him�at all. But I�m so sick of seeing it hurt him so I�m working at giving him space and not seeing me. I dunno, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do for me to get over him or work through this.. let me know because I�m pretty much lost.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.