logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#245593 04/27/06 12:17 AM
C
OP Offline
C
My 2(almost 3) yr old autistic daughter is suspected of having absence seizures and has been for about a year and a half now. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with febrile seizures when she was a few weeks old but they disappeared by 6 months old. Now my 14 yr old duaghter with Asperger's has started having seizures too. The doctor is classifying hers as Temoporal Lobe Seizures.

My question is, does anyone else have children with autism and seizures and when did they start? My more severely autistic child has shown problems with them since she was born, but my high functioning child did not exhibit symtoms until she was a teenager.

I guess I am just curious if there is a correlation with the degree of autism and type of seizures.

Christina

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#245594 04/28/06 10:58 PM
Hi Christina my nephew started having them when he was 2, they also called them "febrile seizures" over the past 15 years he has about 2- 3 a year. He will be 18 next week. Now the doctors say he has some type of "seizure disorder"
It real hard b/c he cannot tell you when they are about to start.. but one common thing my sister and I have found out is he starts having a rapid heartbeat 10 mins before. I'll be honest with you the doctors have No idea.. it sad but true and we have taken him to Fla, philly childrens hosp. New york prys. We have no clue we are just treat the seizures. if you want to know more I can put you in touch with my sister like you she wants to find someone else wh is dealing with the same thing.

#245595 04/29/06 12:48 AM
Gecko
Gecko
They thought my son was having absence seizures but his eeg came back normal. It seems to be a quirk and having talked with a few other parents at his school, we all have noticied that if the child has been self stimulating then the spacing out tends to follow. I don't know what tests have been done, this is just what happened with us.

Hopefully your DD will be alright and this will be minor. Having 2 children on the spectrum in hard enough without any additional medical trouble.

#245596 04/30/06 02:08 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I really hope that these are coincendental, but so far, the doctors don't think so. This is kind of a new experience for me so I'm not sure yet what to think. Bristol, my 14 yr old, EEG and MRI are scheduled for May 10th, but Fiona's are still pending because her sleep schedule is very hard to predict. Sometimes she will go to sleep at 7:00 at night and wake up frequently throughout the night and other times, she won't sleep until 5 am and then she sleeps hard for 4 hours and then wakes frequently. The hospital keeps telling me that she has to sleep from 12 am to 4 am and then has to stay up until the test, but I can't get her schedule close enough to this time period or even regular enough to schedule the test. She is going to see her neurologist on Thursday, so I am going to ask if she has any solution for this dilema. Lynn, I would be happy for any info that your sister could give. If you click on my screen name, it lists my email address. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll list it. Thanks so much!!!

Christina

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.