logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Gecko
Gecko
OK...
Michelle, the answer to your question is that Yes, all that stuff that Jim mentions will occur AFTER the battle of Armageddon.

The people who will be present on the earth during the 1000 year reign of Jesus will be those who survive and are believers, those who have been raptured and those who have died believers.

Lynn, the world as we know it will end. God will destroy what we have created and he will give to us a new dwelling with Him.

aing, the guidelines for posting on this board are in another thread... be sure to read them please. And you are right it is a scripture that refers to maturity by comparing the ways in which we think and behave.

"Heb 5:12 By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again, starting from square one--baby's milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago!
Heb 5:13 Milk is for beginners, inexperienced in God's ways;
Heb 5:14 solid food is for the mature, who have some practice in telling right from wrong." taken from the Message Bible

And as for your question about angels... none is the answer.... why would an angel want to sit on the head of a pin?

And you don't have to be a believer to post, but you do have to adhere to the forum regulations that are posted on another thread and the Bella Forum standards or your posts will be deleted.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
Sorry I was rather obtuse. The angel question was an example of a question that has been discussed historically that had nothing to do with faith, spreading the good news or increasing ones understanding of scripture. I was trying to not to be appear flaming while being critical at the same time.

Shark
Shark
i think the point Alexandra is trying to make is that not that we believe whole heartedly in the bible and thats bad i think she is rether trying to point out that we follow blindly and without question the church leaders and pasters and such without even the possibleity that they are wrong. we think well they when to school and God picked them so the speak for god but in reality anyone with money and the want to can be a church leader and take the bible and twistit to say and mean anything!!! yes there are for lack of a better word loop hole in the bible forgive or eye for and eye and there are a whole lot of things against women and slaves and the rich and poor that we do adheir to like in the "good old days" of witch burning wife beating and slavery that some churchs still preach!!!
your agruing bananas and chocolate!!! forgive me if i am wrong Alexandra, but i think she is pointing out how can you be sure that we are following Gods word and that the Bible is Gods word when so much of it is out of date (witch burning and wife beating and slavery)and some of it contadices itself?
I'd love the answer to that one too along with this one
If the Bible is the only WORD of God and it was wrote for everyone for all time why is there not more women in the bible with bigger roles Business women single women that never married but where respected and how come there is not more instuction on how to be a woman? all the church ever says to women is sumitt to your husband and church and parents. why?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Gecko
Gecko
First of all, Alexandra is trying to lead the discussion into the train of thought that all Christians are blind followers who don't think for themselves. She is wrong.

As for the answer ot your question about why there aren't more stories about women inthe Buble is that basically it was written by men. Back in those days women still didn't have the right to vote... lol... seriously, thoguh, women were thought of as property of their husbands, therefore defined by who their husband was.

I'm sure there were far more women who were instrumental in spreading the gospel than we hear about. I reccommend reading the book Women of the BIble. Youc an find it at amazon. It's a great study of women mentioned int e Bible and their roles in spreading the message of God's love.

But to truly understand why, you have to take a Middle Eastern history class to fully understand the culture of the times.

JESUS DOESN'T HOLD UP A STANDARD, HE HOLDS UP A MIRROR AND SAYS REFLECT ME!
Jenna Robinson
Bella Online Bible Basics
Shark
Shark
yes i know this but the bible is wrote for ALL generations in all time and ages and God knew that when he desided to have humans write it so why not more women? i know that in that time and place women didnt read or write but GOD IS GOD so... hows to say that more women didnt write books but they were not past by the canon because they were wrote by women? and i have read the women in the Bible but still...most of it is conjecture because there is not that much information on the women in the Bible execpt Eve, Ruth Ester, Tamara, Mary mother of Jesus, Mary Magdeline and a few others. more then 1/2 the women dont even have names so how can you possably come up with a story to tell about them?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Shark
Shark
btw If Alexadra was trying to put chirstians down, which i dont think she was, getting deffencive only proves her right!!! and if you think only non chirstians come up with questions your wrong in a BIG way!!! you see i have always had and always will have questions and i AM a CHIRSTIAN and have been for the past 24yrs. so do you think that i am less of a chirstian because i have question? i left a church and a misson field because of that additude!!! and i believe whole heartedly in God Father Son and Holy Spirit but i SERIOUSLY doubt any chirstian or church that thinks that i should not try to find answers to questions. God gave us brains to think and a bibble to study so why bother to study it if you cant find answers to questions!!!!
i have asked questions and said nothing to offened so why are you so deffencive? I dont hardly think a few questions can shake someones FAITH that much.

Zebra
Zebra
Quote:
First of all, Alexandra is trying to lead the discussion into the train of thought that all Christians are blind followers who don't think for themselves. She is wrong.

You do me a great injustice by accusing me of this, and you are wong. I have never said that all Christians are blind followers who don't think for themselves.
What I HAVE said, is that anyone who blindly accepts the bible as concrete, historical, irrefutable, unquestionable fact and evidence, is misguided, because there is much thorough, more modern and substantiated research and evidence to prove that the Bible - presented as such a document - is flawed. Much of this study and research is also engineered to show, inspite of everything, the authenticity and majesty of God's message, despite of how Man has managed to corrupt and twist His Word across the Millenia.

(*EDITING NOTE:* It's important that I take the opportunity to emphasise that IMHO, anyone following a faith, creed or doctrine blindly, would do well to re-assess their personal evaluation of their own policy - no matter what their Religious or Spiritual path. My opinion on such people applies to Buddhists, Moslems, Hindus, or followers of any Discipline. Following any Path blindly, is at best, questionable, at worst, foolish.*)

I have never belittled, insulted or derided anyone's faith in God, and I never intend to do so, whatever my own opinion may be on the subject.
Please be so good as to not put erroneous and damaging words into my mouth.

Last edited by Alexandra; 06/21/06 08:21 AM.
Shark
Shark
if my last 2 post sound hateful im sorry i had a email that made me agery and i though it was from Jenna and it was not. Im sorry i should have phrased my opinions better. forgive me?

G
G
I am very new to this forum and have been reading the previous posts. I find it so interesting that people "choose" to argue over religion. All over the world we fight wars in the name of God. We kill and abuse other people because of their belief in or not in God. And then I join this forum and the first thing I read is this heated discussion on none other than "God" or the lack there of. To introduce myself, I consider myself a Christian. If you asked some other poeple they would say I am not. And the discussion goes on and on. I have my own ansers to all of the above posts, but would feel a betrayal to my Father in Heaven to post them in a contentious forum. Maybe tomorrow it will cool down. Maybe tomorrow we can discuss like adults the God given truths that we have....or if you don't believe in Him...the opinions that you have in a respectful way that all human beings deserve.
I had a dear 93 year old friend that gave me this advice one time.
There is enough good in the worst of us,
And enough bad in the best of us,
That is wouldn't behove any of us.
To talk about the rest of us.

I am just shaking my head at some of the responses and hope that a good, worthwhile discussion can occur at some point. This is definately not what I expected.
And, just for the record: Lucifer was cast out of the spirit world before the Earth was created.
The Earth we live on was the Garden of Eden and when Adam and Eve partook of the Fruit which Lucifer tempted them with, the were changed from a immortal to a mortal state as was this earth we now live on. The casting out was only symbolic as was much of the Adam and Eve story. They truly did walk and talk with God and Jesus Christ in the Garden of Eden and no it was not a sin that Eve committed. It was a choice. Now, if you want answers to that I was suggest that you read the Bible and ask God in the name of Christ " who giveth to all men liberally , and upbraideth not: and it shall be given him.
But let him as in faith, nothing wavering. For he tat wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." James 1:5,6

G.Lovinna
Shark
Shark
Hi Ginlovin7,
I know we got a little hot under the coller or i should say i did anyways! Welcome to the forum inspite of it all I am glad to have you here. Your friend is wise in what he said.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.