logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wolf
Wolf
It is this media hype that forces many women go on a diet. They are told that it is not OK to be fat. why? A fat person can be healthy.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hey now, Lets remember ladies that most men out there don't look exactly look like the men we see in media either. I am sure they have issues too and if we expect a man to think we are beautiful just the way we are then we need to accept them the way they are also. I think the beauty issue goes both ways. Too many people are looking for the wrong mate when there true love may be right there but not in the body they are looking for. I think the most beautiful people are not fat or skinny. I think people like people who look like they took time to care about themselves not so much what their body looks like. I really believe beauty comes from within and people know it.

Last edited by chichick; 10/23/06 12:01 PM.

Luv My Chihuahuas
Wolf
Wolf
You are absolutely right in saying that beauty comes from within. the problem is attraction of a beautiful body. that is hormones.

T
T
I agree that it can go both ways, but I still feel that more pressure is put on women. When you walk in Barnes&Noble and you pass the magazines, there are way more half naked "perfect" photos of women than there are men on the covers. For some reason, I really think women worry about it more than men. And this is something else to think about: How often do you see a really attractive woman with a man that is going bald and that may have gained a few pounds around the mid-section? Now, how often do you see a really attractive guy with a woman who's out of shape? If women and men felt the same kind of pressure from the media then there wouldn't be a need for a discussion such as this one. This is obviously an issue, and I believe it's one that effects women the most.

Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
I agree that it can go both ways, but I still feel that more pressure is put on women. When you walk in Barnes&Noble and you pass the magazines, there are way more half naked "perfect" photos of women than there are men on the covers. For some reason, I really think women worry about it more than men. And this is something else to think about: How often do you see a really attractive woman with a man that is going bald and that may have gained a few pounds around the mid-section? Now, how often do you see a really attractive guy with a woman who's out of shape? If women and men felt the same kind of pressure from the media then there wouldn't be a need for a discussion such as this one. This is obviously an issue, and I believe it's one that effects women the most.

Yes, I fully agree with you that media projects women as beautiful. that must be causing stress.

B
B
Hello my name is haley and i am currently in year twelve at john paul college in australia, at the moment i am doing a project in one of my classes its about the media's impact on a young girls body image and i was wondering if i could interview one of you's on the topic your information and details will be kept completely confedential i only need the information for my final report......if applicable please contact me on my e-mail address which is halz_n_jesska_r@hotmail.com thank you

Wolf
Wolf
Why does media not start using ordinary looking people as models? that should help.

B
B
it's more about the self- esteem the girls have after viewing media of these models and my hypothesis is that the media has a negative impact on young adolescent girls body image i have to find out why the girls feel this way, what can be done about it

Shark
Shark
Maybe it's about increasing girls' and womens' self-esteem early, like as toddlers, so when they see these images, it's not as destructive. Ounce of prevention...

Wolf
Wolf
Quote:
Maybe it's about increasing girls' and womens' self-esteem early, like as toddlers, so when they see these images, it's not as destructive. Ounce of prevention...

You are absolutely correct.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.