logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
Well that has something to say there. We moved approximately 1000 miles from our old home. The move effected my entire family and friends I guess. We moved mid July it is now Mid October. So what am I to do... How do I get rid of the negative. I can't move back.
Thanks,
Angela

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
You can certainly try to rebalance the energy flow that your move has interrupted. Start with yourself - write down what you feel your temperament is according to the elements: are you fiery, watery, etc. Use whatever you believe in to help you, whether that is astrology or attunement to nature or feng shui. Then write down what is happening: are you fighting a lot amongst family members, or are you depressed, do you feel lost or a lack of confidence. Relate that feeling or energy use back to your temperament: for example your water energy might be clashing with a lot of fire energy, so you can balance that by bringing potted plants into your home, or planting trees, and feed your own energy with metallic jewellery or wind chimes.

I think this might be getting off topic here now, so I'm going to open a thread in the Feng Shui forum about moving if you want to discuss this in more detail.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Parakeet
Parakeet
In addition to what Elle said... remeber the Law of Attraction... what you send comes back to you. SO if you are spending a lot of time focusing on the bad then you attract more of that into your life.

Take some time to specifically think about your blessings and the good things you have. Every time you start to dwell on the negative make yourself counter it with something positive. Start attracting the good to you.

Its challenging but it really can make a difference

C
C
I've used smudge sticks for smudging/cleansing but wondered how someone would use an abalone shell or some other kind of bowl without it becoming too hot to hold onto.

Crone2004
Parakeet
Parakeet
If I use a bowl I put sand in the bottom to absorb the heat

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Also, there are stands that you can place the shell or bowl onto - I have also seen deer antlers used which basically make a "cage" for the bowl to sit and leaves a "handle" from you to hold onto...and the point of smudging is to cause the elements inside to smoulder away not so much to burn like a fire which is intensely hot.
You may also just want to consecrate a cloth or even a potholder type thing so that you can hold it in your hand. Make it yourself and pack it with herbs or elements important to you (cedar shavings, pine needles, lavender, sand, etc.). That way your flesh will be protected from the heat.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

C
C
Another good inexpensive way to have a smudge bowl is if you are an active rock hunter like me then you might try and find one that has a deep groove in it like a bowl and use it. Also very useful to crush herbs and such just find another rock to do the crushing (mortar and pestal).

I went to a local kitchen store and went thru their cast iron department ... There I found various sized iron cauldrons ... I got a 4 inch diameter version with 3 feet and a wire bail handle ... I put a bit of iron sand I got from the beach in it and use that for smudging ...

I also have one that I use for different incenses ...

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them" ...
... John Bernard Books ... The Shootist ... 1970 ...
A
A
I used to spend a few days to clean up a new room when I move in. But some old houses, sometimes, i might feel strange and scare so I need someone to stay with me. Apparently the ghost only appears in an old house, according to Chinese legend

J
J
I had a problem in an apartment that was filled with negative energy. Even my husband felt it when he walked in. Having no
White Sage, I picked the Grey Sage in my garden, Tansy, Rosemary and a few other herbs I was told to pick. Some I burned in the space, and some I made into little bundles and placed on each window sill and inside and outside the door. I would go down and burn candles too. We felt it took about a month before we could go down into that apartment and start to work.
I recently found out about Salt - because it is a crystal. My daughter is going to be using Salt around the outside of her house as we have had some negativity in part of our family.
Newbie and wanting to learn more.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.