Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tagua Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Did you see American Idol last night? Like Shakira, I was born in Colombia and I felt very proud seeing her, but what really like is that she is using her fame to help Colombian people.
About five years ago we moved to the US for various reasons, and though my husband has a very good job and we live in a wonderful place, half of my heart is still in Colombia. Ever since we got here I've been trying to find a project that will both, give us an additional income but most important, help my country in some way. On my last visit to Bogota I finally found it. On December, there is a huge craft show in Bogota and I was amazed by the quality of the things I found there, but what caught my attention was some seed every body was talking about, they are called TAGUA seeds. Every body was wearing jewelry made with them and as it seemed to be a very strong trend I decided to find more about them....that's how I found my project. They are making such exquisite objects that I wouldn't call them jewelry,I'd call them works of art. Each of them is individually created by native artists, and each one of them has an incredible amount of time and labor invested .
Tagua nuts look exactly like animal Ivory, that means that no Elephants are killed to get them.. Ain't that cool?
But also, Tagua nuts come from a Native Palm that grows in the Colombian Pacific jungle, that means that the more Tagua they sell the more Palms they have to plant....so, when people gets a product made with Tagua, they are helping reforest the jungle, and creating jobs for artisans and (cultivadores)...also cool, don't you think?
Our project is called Baloka which is the name of a Colombian native Indian tribe
I'm really glad, me, like Shakira, have found ways to help our people and our environment.
Now to my questions:
If your product offers and ecological benefit or helps a "cause", should you use it? Or is it kinda cheesy
I was wondering, should I use it as the main focus of my marketing campaign? .
I was also asking my self : If I send an ecological message to my target market (fashion conscious women) will they appreciate it? Should I also address the ecological conscious market? How do I get to them?
Ok...lots of questions....can you help me?

Maria Mizrahi.
Ethnic, eclectic and exotic jewelry with ecological conscience
www.baloka.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
Hello Maria. I think everything what you are doing is absolutely right. Do you offer these products at your website?

T
tagua Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
T
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feed back. Yes almost all my products are on my website. I also have a line of "one of a kind" pieces that I am selling on local craft shows (New England).
I took a look at your website and when I was trying to acces some of the categories the following message apeared:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cz-jewelry.html on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at resources.gem-fashion.com Port 80"
Am I doing something wrong?

Maria Mizrahi.
Ethnic, eclectic and exotic jewelry with ecological conscience
www.baloka.com
G
G
Hello Maria.
Thanks for your interest. We are currently updating our website. The new look you can see here http://main.gem-fashion.com/ however it's not finished even there. We put a lot of effort into this new design. Hopefully within 3 weeks it will be up and running.

A
A
great offer thanks for post

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.