logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#238466 12/27/06 12:43 AM
S
S
Yikes, thanks .......um......I forgot I posted this LOL!
I now have letters written in my behalf by others who have known me since 6th grade!

Actually, I was in the Cedar Park area just before Christmas and had hoped to meet one of the members. I am ready to make a stand on this and do anything to bring this to awareness.

While there, totally got slammed but at least I got to be with a most beloved life long friend.

While there tho, I wondered (one of those what if's moments), if chicken pox virus can cause shingles later in life, what if there is such a thing that lies dormant with fibro as well and is triggered?

I am going for and yet another MRI in the morning, also, and EEG, the latter first one.
Now it is to the point I have to take a cab.....losses continue and still haven't heard anything.

We will see. Probably an entirely new galaxy in my head =)

While in Texas tho, when got up I would head forward and go left........looked like a danged cartoon.

Fortunately my friends know me so they didn't act as if I was goofy LOL........but I am concerned about many things with this situation.

While there, not only did I lose my ability to move the direction I wanted too, but I totally slipped, slid into an ironing board like it was home plate , caught my self with my right hand and thought I broke my finger and caught the iron with the left one burning four fingers......You gotta laugh.....One hand puffed up like Minnie Mouse and the other looked like I was giving the bird.....'minnie mouse, screw you, minnie mouse, screw you.....'

My friends husband came home and I told him to pull my finger at which point his look was 'gads, you don't do that too do you?' and I had to laugh and say 'NO REALLY PULL IT ' and he did, it snapped back into place and just swelled. Took all the wrinkles out tho!

Here is where I am concerned. Not only can one injure themselves but since so many symptoms are with fibro, how does one know when to see a doc?

Theoretically, you could miss an impending heart attack or UTI or something else because one could assume easily its fibro related and that really bothers me.

We can't 'camp' at the doc's ofc. And this is why I am really turning into a pitbull with this.

I have to wonder how many people are diagnosed with depression and have fibro, diagnosed with fibro and labled as depression and then those who ultimately end up with both?

I really want to become pro-active when I can but I dont know how.

I have written officials, DC etc and all the talk shows and of course that was a lame duck.

Oh, btw, thanks for the link. I do journal and I will utilize that.

yikes, turned into a vent......somedays I just circle the drain......heh heh.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.......
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amers #295931 03/01/07 07:06 PM
C
C
Ultram is not a narcotic or controlled-substance drug. It is related to the morphine family of drugs, but it is not a narcotic. I have been taking Ultram for more than 8 years. I have never been told that it is addictive. It works very well for me in controlling my pain. The dosage can range from 25mg to 400mg/day. You must not exceed 400mg as at that level the drug can cause seizures. From what I have read, Ultram is the drug most doctors prefer in treating FMS.

ITZBECK #299875 03/16/07 04:23 AM
A
A
Congrats Itzbeck! That's great news.

It's hard to believe that you can feel good again, but you can.

No cure yet, but you can beat the symptoms.

www.FibroFix.com is all free and tells how we do it.

Even if your doc won't listen, you can help yourself if you have to.

Just info, nothing for sale.

Help is free and confidential if you need them, too.

In HIS grip,

Anne Hillebrand
Orlando, FL

www.FibroFix.com
T
T
I'm glad this drug combo is working well for you. But you have to know that with fibro we are all different. What works for you might not necessarily work for another person.
And yes to the other posters, these are prescription drugs. Most of your pain medications are potentially addictive, but if you take them as prescribed the chances of addiction are greatly reduced. I've done a little bit of research into this because of my worries about my own painpill usage.
Hopefully for anyone on longterm pain management of this type your care provider will periodically do bloodwork to check on your liver enzymes to make sure it's working properly and that the drugs are not affecting it.

R
R
I believe that you can get fibro in remission but I do not believe that the medications did it I have taken the same medication you took in 06 and it did nothing for me. I think we have A plus personalities as fibro or chronic fatigue patients, and our bodies feed off of our anziety and the drive to try to do everything for everybody and our bodies came to a point and said enough is enough! And now we have to slow down and change our priorities to keep the level of pain down our body feeds off of our stress. That is what is seems to me. Roseylisa

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fibro Herbs 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.