Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#215219 10/11/05 03:43 AM
M
Malice Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M
I guess I'm bringing this subject up because of the changes of the supreme court and the possibility of Roe VS Wade being overturned. I've been sexually active since the age of 13, but always used birth control (was on it to make my periods more tolerable). I've always taken precautions to not get pregnant, but if I ever did get pregnant, I would get an abortion.
But now I'm a bit scared, what if abortion becomes illigal? I dont want to be forced to have a kid I dont want, and I dont want to put my body through giving birth to a kid either!
So, I've been looking into getting my tubes tied so I would not have to deal with all that, but I've heard some doctors won't do it if you have no kids and are young (I'm 23).
What would you do if you accidentally got pregnant?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
I had one at age 27 - I was on the pill (after being denied a tubal ligation by my Gyn), and I got pregnant. It was no big deal for me; after the procedure, I went shopping and had lunch with my best friend who took me to the clinic. No guilt and I was extremely relieved after the fact. I would definitely do it again. This country is in for trouble - women especially - if Roe vs. Wade is overturned. I am sick of the religious zealots in this country trying to force their views onto everyone else. If you are against abortion THEN DON'T HAVE ONE!

L
Shark
Shark
L
well I am a catholic witch. but before I was catholic I had my tubes tied. I did it when it was still just my own choice, and I did not meet my husband until years later. I considered having it reversed, but it never materialized--thank god. My health could not take pregnancy and I am not healthy enough to raise a child either--especially one who has as much chance of being ill as I do(I have a genetic disease)--so I would most likely have an abortion if it happened now--I am 43. I would not feel guilty. But I would feel some regret that things could not have been different. Much the same as I feel occasionally about wishing I could be just 'normal' instead of sick and weird and well you all know. But it is a vain hope and a useless worry.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
Well...I got pregnant when I was 19 and decided to have an abortion, it was a hard decision, but I do not regret it. I always told myself that if I got pregnant again and wasnt ready I would not have another one, but put the baby up for adoption. Then I got married and ended up pregnant with twins whom I love so much, and have another one on the way and couldnt be happier. I am only 26 right now, but if I didnt have the choice back when I was 19, I am not sure I would be happy like I am now. I think it takes a strong woman to admit she does not want to have children, and to admit to herself that she will be okay with having an abortion, and their is nothing wrong with having a tubal either. I havent heard of doctors turning away younger woman for that procedure before having children.

Mother of 2 sets of twins
Colton John and Caleb Andrew 6/17/2003
Just arrived on 11/20/2005- Ian Kohlman and Irelyn Kathleen
L
Shark
Shark
L
In the US there is a waiting period of 30 days and you have to speak with a Nurse or Family Planning Counsellor atleast once before you decide and there are a stack of papers to sign, and the doctors will try to talk you out of it and refuse you if you are younger and have not had children yet. I got my tubal done at age 32 because of my genetic disease and poor health and they did give me a hard time about it. My sister and sister-in-law both went thru the same thing in different states. But both also have disabilities and they had to rely on that to convince the doctor to do it. I am not sure if you flat out paid for it to be done if you go thru as much grief--but the insurance companies and Medicaid make it difficult. It would seem to be in their best interests NOT to have more kids to have to pay for....

LadyLvsNyt
Shark
Shark
i had my son at 22 i never would have gotten an abortion no matter what, with him. we just celebrated his 1st birthday. id love to have another one. if u were raped then i could understand why u would want one. to me it depends on the person and the reaosn behind wanting to have an abortion.

L
Shark
Shark
L
even rape is not always a good reason. My grandmother was raped in 1927 by a gangster. My mother was the result.
I don't believe this life is all there is or that this life is the only chance souls have to live as humans. I know this is not 'catholic' or even generically 'christian' per se, but it makes sense to me that it takes more than one chance at it to get it right....so if the life of the mother or the life of the child is in danger or seriously compromised as to quality I do not think it is the end for that future soul--I also do not believe a human has a soul until it takes a breath, sometime after birth. (not to devalue it at all--just that unborn it is only a potential soul.)
so if I had to abort a child, I would not worry about that one never coming back to try again. Maybe not to me. But I would feel bad I could not give it the opportunity and wish things could have been different. Just how I feel.

LadyLvsNyt
M
Malice Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
M
My husbands mother was raped when she was 13 years old, and he was the result. I am happy she didnt have an abortion, but I'm sure she'd be a happier person if she did. Why are there so many MOMS posting, I really don't care about your opinion on abortion, I was asking what CF women would do if they ever did get pregnant by accident, so this is not directed twards you, go to the parenting forums.
I think women SHOULD have the choice of what they can and can't do with their bodies, including abortions and getting their tubes tied.
And to the women who ARE CF, thank you for your imput, I think I'm going to talk to my OBGYN when my BC runs out about getting my tubes tied, hopefully it won't be a big deal>.<

Shark
Shark
Abortion with out a second thought.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I had an abortion when I was 19. My hubby and I had one scare, before we found out that I'm infertile... We decided then that if I was pregnant, I'd have an abortion (we were NOT ready for kids at the time). Now that we've decided that we're CF, and that 90% of our CFness is because I will never have a child who shares my genetics, if for some reason I did get pregnant now, I'd have an abortion now, too.

To the OP.... Brace yourself for a fight when you go to the OB/Gyn.... They do NOT like to do sterilizations on CF women, especially young ones. To quote a girl on one of my other CF boards, when her doctor tried to give her grief about giving her a tubal... "Nothing's coming out of my uterus alive!" Sometimes the shock method is effective in making a doctor see that you're totally committed to not ever having children.

[color:"Red"]
You tell me that I sin.
You say I'm bound for hell.
So once your judgment condemns you
I SHALL SEE YOU THERE.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.