logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
I am higly sexualized and my libido has never been a problem...until recently. When I was on the pill I was ready to go anytime. I went off the pill in October last year and my sex drive took a nose dive. My cycle has been messed up ever since. I have had 3 periods in the last year. I have noticed however that my horniest times are when I am menstrating.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I cant talk my husband into getting a vasectomy. He's scared or something. But it would be nice.

A good friend of mine is having problems with her BCP's .. which ones are you on now that are zapping your energy?

Soma
L
Lynnk Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
L
I used to take Ortho Tri-cyclen now I take Estrostep. Never really had a problem with either except possibly this lack of sex drive. I've been on them for the last 12 years so I can't figure out if it really is the pills or if that's just the way I am.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger," Roman stoic philosopher, writer, and politician (4-65).
R
R
I am having the same problem! I've been on Novella for 12 yrs it's the lowest dose there is. I talked to my DR and she put me on the ring it has a few points lower dose but I couldn't tell a difference and I couldn't stand having that thing up there so I went back on the pill and am considering getting off them for a while and trying condoms but I hate the thought of when we do have sex having to stop and get a condom and I sure don't want any little ones running around. But I guess at least we'd be doing it more! I'm only 30 so it's still to early to get fixed just yet. I thought we got married so we could have sex whenever we wanted where ever we wanted heck we're lucky if we do it 1x a week!ha ha

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I've been on birth control pills since the age of 13, and I've always had a very high labido. I never really got the oppertunity to see what it would do to my sex drive w/o them until my husband went away for boot camp/tech school for 6 months. I stopped taking them, cuz I didnt need them=) and the first couple weeks, I was SOO horny, but I'm able to controll my urges thank god! But as time went by, my labido actually dropped very dramatically. Lower than it's had ever been for me. I got back on them a month before my husbands arrival back, and my sex drive slowly began to rise to normal.
Now, I've used birth control a few times in the past to supress my period, but a year and a half ago I started doing it on a regular basis, only having 4 periods a year, and for some reason it made my labido extremely low. Even though I stopped doing that, my labido has not gone back to its normal level, and it's been 3-4 months since I last did that.

Amoeba
Amoeba
My experience with BC is the opposite of most.... I have a very, very strong, active libido. I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago, and the doctor told me that I have fairly high levels of testosterone, and really low levels of estrogen.

I started taking BC to help even the levels of estrogen, and when I did, it was like someone let the crazed nympho out of the cage.... I'd not really noticed a decrease in my sex drive, but evidently my husband had noticed. As my testosterone levels rose, my sex drive decreased.... Not to the point where I didn't ever want sex... My hubby teases me that PCOS gave me a "normal" libido, lol... But to the point that when BC put my hormones back to a more normal level, I regained my natural, normal-for-me active libido.

I don't take BC anymore (I don't like the side effects), so my libido has gone back to "normal" normal, lol. At least now I'm not driving my hubby crazy, chasing him around trying to molest him. *grins*

[color:"Red"]
You tell me that I sin.
You say I'm bound for hell.
So once your judgment condemns you
I SHALL SEE YOU THERE.
L
Lynnk Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
L
rmatt,

I am 30 also. I am exactly like you....my sex drive is SO low...husband is lucky to have sex once a week.

Last edited by Lynnk; 11/17/05 08:40 PM.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger," Roman stoic philosopher, writer, and politician (4-65).
R
R
So do you think there's any hope/help for us out there?

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Lynn when you ask about the IUD ask for the copper one, it doesn't have any hormones.

One thing DH and I tried (it didn't work due to an allergic reaction) is the sponge. It's back out on the market in the US. We used it on safe days using the ovulation method. and Abstained or did outercourse on the unsafe days. You can put it in a few hours before you have sex and not worry about it like you do a condom! It can be a pain to chart, but it helps make it that much more fool proof and lessens the chances of getting pregnant. It works as both a barrier method and a spermacide.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.