Next Thread
Print Thread
#198733 06/26/05 08:12 PM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I like to watch segments on Home Shopping Network (HSN) but the shows never discuss the actual ingredients and the website is so slow to load and then the ingredients are not even listed.

Last week I wanted to find out more about Signature A that was being presented on HSN. I like buying items on ebay, but sellers never have the original box that lists the ingredients.

As someone who has excema and allergic to lanolin I need to be aware of what I am putting on my skin, in my body, etc.

At the drug store it is impossible to find ingredients on lip sticks and glosses. How comfortable are others in buying items without knowing beforehand what the ingredients are?

I ended up calling a year ago the number to Serious Skin Care to learn what products I can wear. Instead of being able to assist me about ingredients - I had to give them the names of the products I wanted and then they could tell me if they contained lanolin.

What a hassle!

I had to pay full price to get Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at Nordstrom because no sellers on ebay knew the ingredients.

I did buy the tan towel plus on HSN not knowing what the ingedients were, but I saw they were selling fast on ebay, so I figured I could sell the package if lanolin was included.

So last week I searched around hsn.com and through some means I found their bulletin board. I posted asking if anyone could tell me about Signature Club A and then the next day went back to see if any responses and I could not find their forum. It is so hidden and frustrating that I called customer service to complain and ask how to get there.

She told me I had to go to the contact us and scroll down to interact with us to get to the link.

I searched around the forums here and do not see any for skin conditions, so figured I would share my beef about the ingredients here under cosmetics.

I also get some newsletter via email from the Safe Cosmetics campaign.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Here is the website for the safe cosmetics campaign:

http://www.safecosmetics.org/

AUTISM site
#198735 07/17/05 01:15 PM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I wrote a review on the tantowel plus and think it really is the best self tanner on the market. That Jergens moisturizer has an odor - I learned from reading reviews on that product and it takes a week to see results. I included the ingredients that are on each indvidual packet.

tantowel plus

AUTISM site
#198736 07/20/05 10:08 PM
J
J
you can find the ingredients in cosmetics by looking at the label of the product, then you can use the search function at everything beauty to find out what is good or bad about that ingredient and some products that contain it.

Last edited by jewelrycrazy; 07/20/05 10:08 PM.
#198737 07/20/05 11:20 PM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Most of the time you can find ingredients on the label of a product - but not many of the lipstick brands. Sometimes I found a separate sheet of paper at Rite Aid for just ingredients, but they seemed to have stopped that practice or the companies do not provide it.

But it seems to shop online or through home shopping channels knowing the ingredients beforehand on a product is not possible, unless you have purchased it already.

That is why it is really hard for someone who has skin issues and wants to know what they are putting on their skin cannot really buy online or at ebay since none of the sellers keep the original packaging or know what is inside.

I spend a geat deal of time reading labels at the stores, but it is hard when two kids are out for the summer to get this information in a timely manner.

Thanks for the link, nice site - is it yours?

AUTISM site
#198738 08/01/05 05:38 PM
Shark
Shark
I've actually started to buy Burt's Bees products. The ingredients are at least 95% natural and they list them on their products, so you know exactly what you're getting. It's especially important when you have allergies. I also recently discovered that they're making make-up as well now, so I'm looking forward to getting some items. I'd definitely recommend trying their products out though!

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
#198739 08/30/05 11:38 PM
J
J
I found Burt's Bees products here. Prices look affordable. Further checks show that they have SLS free cleansers. The shampoo does not have any lauryl sulfates. I thought most shampoos, liquid soaps and most wash off liquid cleansers would contain some lauryl sulfate or either.

Stephanie is right. If you are concerned about the ingredients, go for Burt's Bees stuff.

#198740 09/08/05 12:00 PM
Shark
Shark
thanks for the link jewelrycrazy. I don't know much about lauryl sulfates...why are they used in shampoo?? I haven't tried Burt's shampoo either. But there is information about it on their website - www.burts.com Just go to "shop burts." All I know is that they are one of the few almost wholely natural beauty product lines.

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
P
P
I am also worried about the igredients that cosmetic companies use but I found a quite small but developing one, as this one uses natural ingredients of good quality.
If you don't have any special skin needs to demand special and fast results, visit www.korres.com Read about the company's principles and may be you will adopt them too.

C
C
for oily skin the best ingredient in a product is clay who remineralizes, rebalances the skin, has an astringent and drying effect, detoxifies skin.the best products based on clay i used until now are those from the line of products ASLAVITAL. more informations about those products you find by visiting the site:
http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineDescription.aspx?Category=1

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.