logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
I thought that there was symbology in the Lord of the Rings, but its been so long sence i watched it...

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
[quote]I don't belive a psychic telephone is "witchcraft", nor that wiccan as it truly is intended is bad. It's just pagan mythology, which predates Christian mythology. There is nothing sinister about it, and many of its holidays are now Christian holidays. Neither viewpoint is better or worse than the other, and this country was founded on religious freedom, not any one religion.

That said, yes, McDonald's is not nutrition, and their toys come from many mass-produced tv show or movie tie-ins. Parents should watch what their kids watch on tv and what they are being "sold." To every big business in the world (and that includes politics), we are merely consumers and they like to sell us on anything and everything. McDonald's now has pirate-themed stuff from the new POTC movie. Pirates were lawbreakers and murderers, so surely that is equally bad?"

I have to agree wholeheartedly with you. Actually I am rather suprised there are so many concerned with the toys in happy meals anyways to the point of action towards the company (letter writing etc). Personally if I am going to spend that much energy and outrage it had best be for something that is important. Worry about the criminals out on the streets, drug dealers down the road, etc. Not a toy that is going to be played with once and thrown in the floor and forgotten. But that's just my opinion.

Parakeet
Parakeet
According to the Bible the Heavenly Angels always are looking to God and take their direction from God. You can ask God to send his angels to help you, but if you want to ask other forces....

If you are talking to the spiritual world then you are talking to the unholy angels or demons. They will take direction from someone other than God.

Since we can't see the spiritual world and there are eternal consequences for aligning yourself with the wrong forces, it just safer to stay away from it.

C
C
Quote:
According to the Bible the Heavenly Angels always are looking to God and take their direction from God. You can ask God to send his angels to help you, but if you want to ask other forces....

If you are talking to the spiritual world then you are talking to the unholy angels or demons. They will take direction from someone other than God.

Since we can't see the spiritual world and there are eternal consequences for aligning yourself with the wrong forces, it just safer to stay away from it.

Well if that is true than anytime you speak to God technically you are speaking to the spiritual world and therefore should avoid speaking to god and anything to do with the spiritual world.
Frankly it's all the same whether you speak to god in a phone, an email, over a cross, or thru your local priest it's still a prayer to God. I prefer to my lines of communication open with God, howelse am I to know if he has something important to share with me.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
anytime you speak to God technically you are speaking to the spiritual world

Speaking to God is speaking to the Creator. Any other spiritual creatures you speak to are created things. The Creator is the only One I trust to instruct me.

Shark
Shark
just to be devils advocate!!! do you not talk to heavenly host? God cant God send His massengers (Angles or who ever He likes)to give you a messege? The bible makes mentchion of many times when He sent His angles to tell people whatever. the Angles met Mary at the tomb,and angle came to Mary to tell her she was pregent and what to call Jesus, Mose's and the burning talking bush... would you say they are differnt from us and God would not send an angle or burning talking bush to us to show us the way? why would they be differnt from us?

Judge not lest ye be judged: all things are permittable but not all things are beneficial
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Yes, God Sent them. You aren't to pray to angles. They are God's messengers sent for His purpose.

Shark
Shark
i never said pray!!! but they did talk to the angles!!! BIG difference!!!

Shark
Shark
Is nt a unholy angle a demon? just wondering

Parakeet
Parakeet
Freebubbles, if you walk into a new age story you will find books that glorify angels and prayers to them.

In prayer you should only talk directly to God and not to something asking them to talk on your behalf. We cannot understand the spiritual world and know who it is we are praying. It is safiest to direct your prayers to God.

You do make a point though, how would we know if the angel God has sent as his messanger is really from God. Any ideas as to what signs allow us to know if the angel is from God or something else?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.