logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155771 11/11/04 11:06 AM
OP Offline
Hi everyone, I couldn't help but notice how many great images there are here and no one talks about selling their work. I belong to a wonderful site that may be of interest to you and maybe get you started on a new adventure!

I also posted this message under photography just incase the 2 topics don't overlap.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but if you enjoy photography or creating graphics, why not consider selling them?

There is a terrific, friendly and helpful site always looking for new photographers and designers, they pay very good commissions, check it out! Can Stock Photo

Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
Oops, also forgot to mention that illustrations would have to be raster (jpeg) format.

Kim aka jez

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting us know about the site. It looks very interesting. If you wouldn't mind, please let us know about your experiences in selling images. I think a lot of our readers would like to here all about it.

Thanks,
Diane

Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for sharing such a worthwhile site, Jezebella. I have literally thousands of photos I could share...my camera goes everywhere with me. It would be one way of recouping the outlay !! I have a few on the Webshots site and have had 140 downloads so far...not many in comparison to some...but it is encouraging. I would love to find out if some of my others are saleable ! You have certainly had success !

My Webshots link is...
http://community.webshots.com/user/rendere

if you want to see a few.

Again...Thankyou !

OP Offline
Yes, Canstock has been a great site for me and already it is showing in the sales I have achieved. This is still a very new site. I think once it has been around for a year or so it will be fantastic.
It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, then follow the instructions and requirements for uploading your images. The images do go through an approval and quality inspection and of course all images uploaded must be your own.

There is a terrific, friendly and helpful site always looking for new photographers and designers, they pay very good commissions, check it out! Can Stock Photo

Thanks
Kim aka jezebella

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Digital Art, HTML & PHP Editor:
[qb] Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting us know about the site. It looks very interesting. If you wouldn't mind, please let us know about your experiences in selling images. I think a lot of our readers would like to here all about it.

Thanks,
Diane [/qb]
Thanks Diane,

I started creating images for my own use and realized that others may want to use them in a variety of projects so I searched out websites that sell stock images.

Canstock sells stock photography and illustration. Stock images are used for a variety of business and professional usages (no commercial reproduction)and your images are protected and licensed accordingly. Each stock site allows different license agreements and pays different commissions to the contributors.

Of all the sites that I am a contributor and/or researched, I have found Canstock to be the most fair in contributor commissions and still has reasonable prices for the designers and end users for the images.
They are a very friendly group and very helpful for all aspects.
There are opportunities to enter on site design and image contests as well as the chance to be in the spot lite with photographer of the week!
I really enjoy it there and thought that as a new company they may be interested in some of the image creations here and some here might enjoy selling their own work.

The best part of it is that the image can be sold over and over again so it is fun (and addicting) to go and check your sales!
Each artist/contributor/designer once signed up has their own portfolio and can link to their own or other websites for additional traffic.

Hope this info helps and if I can I will answer any other questions you like or feel free to go direct to Canstockphoto for more information.

Thanks
Kim aka jezebella

B
B
If you have a digital camera and/or a scanner and a color inkjet printer you can produce and sell home portraits. No investment. Free sample. See www.HomePortraitsOnLine.biz

B
B
Bill Discount
Real Estate Graphics
billdisc@optonline.net
www.Home PortraitsOnLine.biz

Moderated by  Digital Art and Animation 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.