Print Thread
#155518 09/29/04 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On my computer at work, I have the picture Rose took of the moose and her twins. Every patient or employee that sees it seems to have a moose story of their own. It's amazing how many desert dwellers have a moose story. Do any of you have any moose tales you've been dying to tell? I, personally, have never seen a moose in the wild. Even if you think you've told us before, post it anyway. We have a couple new people lately, and I'm sure they'd love to read them.

Marian

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#155519 09/29/04 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL!!! The patient I just got up off of the table pointed to the moose picture and said, "is that my heart?!?" Then he got closer and started laughing when he realized it was a moose.

Marian - ROTFL

#155520 09/29/04 03:48 PM
Hi guys,
Haven't been around lately, but I'll jump in with a moose story. Many years ago my DH and I went with his sister and her DH on a camping trip upstate (Maine). We women were in my car and the guys were following behind,towing the camper. We rounded a curve on a dirt road at about 30 mph. There in front of us was the first moose my sister in law had ever seen. Smack dead center of the road,adorned with a tremendous rack of horns and just standing still. She was soooo...excited!! Naturally I applied the brakes. Quick, fast and right now. As she unbuckled her seatbelt and jumped out of the car with her camera, I realized that DH was only inches behind my bumper and didn't look like he was stopping! He did manage to stop in time, but I learned a valuable lesson that day about how a heavy camper can just keep pushing you down the road, and you should always leave plenty of space between vehicles.

And oh yeah....we saw a total of 9 moose on that weekend trip. By the time we got home my sister in law was more excited over a housecat than a moose....LOL

~~~ruth~~~

mmm... floor pie
#155521 09/30/04 12:09 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Ruth!!!! How nice to see you! That is a great moose story. You were all very lucky in many ways, including your sister in law not being charged by the moose.

My favorite of "many" moose stories is when my son was about 8 years old. We had a small road from our house down to our garden. It was cut into the side of a hill. The kids loved to sled down this hill in the winter, especially because it had a nice tight corner in it. One time when DS was sledding, as he went around the corner, smack dab in front of his was a moose broad side to him. He had little choice because of the speed and terrain, but to sled right under the moose's belly, between it's feet. Then he went off of the road into a large snow pile, dumped the sled on top of himself and "hid" until the moose wandered away.

Of course when he came into the house frozen and told this incredible story, we all had to go out and check the tracks to "see" it happen. Sure enough, you could see the tracks of the sled going right between the moose's tracks and then off of the road into the snow bank. All of the tracks were so perfectly clear, there was no doubting his story.

Rose

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.