logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151841 08/23/03 08:16 AM
OP Offline
I mentioned in another post that I would send the website I use to find a wildlife rehabilitator.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~devo0028/contact.htm

This site lists by state and also regions of each state. Some include what type of wildlife they specialize in.

I also go to Yahoo.com and type in a search for "wildlife rehabilitators" and get 100s of sites.

I was amazed that there are so many people out there that devote themselves to helping injured wildlife. I always thought the poor creatures were just on their own (most are) and out of luck. I never could afford to pay a vet for wildlife care, but many will work for free or for a donation. Check out your local vets and see if they treat wildlife.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#151842 08/23/03 03:45 PM
Thanks very much. I haven't found any wildlife rehabbers in my area and I (stupidly) never thought of checking Google or Yahoo.

Actually, recently I've been thinking that I might like to become a wildlife rehabber, but I haven't the slightest idea how to start.
fish

pete louis
#151843 08/23/03 07:08 PM
OP Offline
There are actually a couple of sites I found on that web search that are rehabber associations. I didn't look at them, but I'm sure they'd have info on becoming a rehabber. I know there are seminars and conferences that you could attend and training sessions. Check it out. It would be a worthwhile investment in your time. I don't know if I'd be able to give the proper care since I'm working everyday and pretty busy with my own animals and foster dogs. But it would be good training to have in case I'm put in the situation I was in this past summer again.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps
#151844 08/24/03 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For information on becoming a rehabilitator, visit this site:

http://wildliferehabber.com/newrehabber.htm

They give you a 26 question self-assessment quiz to help you determine if you are ready to become one. Great site!

Marian

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.