logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Teo Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Sounds and words are so important. How one says something often says as much as what they say. At one point many years ago I stopped cursing, and amazingly it made me really improve my vocabulary! Really!!!

I would like to hear comments about what people think about using poor, or potty language. The following is a reason black people should particularly stop it. May we speak beautifully and intice the angels to hear our requests. Amen.

This speech was delivered by Willie Lynch on the bank of the James River in the colony of Virginia in 1712. Lynch was a British slave owner in the West Indies. He was invited to the colony of Virginia in 1712 to teach his methods to slave owners there. The term "lynching" is derived from his last name.

Willie Lynch The Making Of A Slave

Quote:
(From the last paragraph)
You know language is a peculiar institution. It leads to the heart of a people. The more a foreigner knows about the language of another country the more he is able to move through all levels of that society. Therefore, if the foreigner is an enemy of the country, to the extent that he knows the body of the language, to that extent is the country vulnerable to attack or invasion of a foreign culture. For example, if you take a slave, if you teach him all about your language, he will know all your secrets, and he is then no more a slave, for you can't fool him any longer, and BEING A FOOL IS ONE OF THE BASIC INGREDIENTS OF AN INCIDENTS TO THE MAINTENANCE OF THE SLAVERY SYSTEM.
That is a small section at the end but got me thinking, how so many African Americans are proud of their slang, though it is true the word ain't is great ain't it? he he.. :rolling:

I feel it is deplorable how popular artists who youth idolize talk with language that would make the devil blush. Potty mouths should be washed out with soap!

It is so ignorant when someone curses and has a filthy mouth and someone says: "They're talking black." This ignorance of language was a part of the slavery system and truly, all people need to break this link in the chain of mental slavery. Amen. lovers king queen :beamedup: :beamedup:

Minds your wants because somebody wants your mind -Clinton
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I read this many years ago. This is really deep and still active *smile* . The beginning of the speech stuck with me. From this I learned to stay positive and not to bad mouth or envy my sister nor brother.

I HAVE OUTLINED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENCES AMONG THE SLAVES; AND I TAKE THESE DIFFERENCES AND MAKE THEM BIGGER. I USE FEAR, DISTRUST AND ENVY FOR CONTROL PURPOSES.

On top of my list is "AGE" only because it starts with an "A."

The second is "COLOR" or shade, there is INTELLIGENCE, SIZE, SEX, SIZES OF PLANTATIONS, STATUS on plantations, ATTITUDE of owners, whether the slaves live in the valley, on a hill, East, West, North, South, have fine hair, course hair, or is tall or short.

The Black slaves after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self refueling and self generating for HUNDREDS of years, maybe THOUSANDS.

Don't forget you must pitch the OLD black Male vs. the YOUNG black Male, and the YOUNG black Male against the OLD black male.

You must use the DARK skin slaves vs. the LIGHT skin slaves, and the LIGHT skin slaves vs. the DARK skin slaves.

You must use the FEMALE vs. the MALE. And the MALE vs. the FEMALE.
You must also have you white servants and over- seers distrust all Blacks.
But it is NECESSARY THAT YOUR SLAVES TRUST AND DEPEND ON US.

THEY MUST LOVE, RESPECT AND TRUST ONLY US.

Moderated by  Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.