logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143713 04/08/04 01:04 PM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I really didn't think I would like Dream Catcher but I did. It reminded me in a way of that horror tribute movie Cabin Fever.

(Yes, I sat through that movie in its entirety one weekend when we had a horror movie marathon -- Jeepers Creepers 2, Darkness Falls and Texas Chainsaw was also watched LOL)

Victoria, Honeymoon Editor
[url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I was surprised too. I find his books better though. You're able to understand a lot of the nuances better from his books. I was never a big King fan until I read his non-fiction "On Writing" in which he refered to some of his books. I've read a few of the others since (not the heavy horror ones) and have enjoyed them.

Parakeet
Parakeet
DREAM CATCHER was just sooo King. Someone observed that, " King is like the Barbra Cartland of horror" I agree...

A more recent movie with Depp and Tarantino also involved a window sort of scenerio...had window in the title too...having a senior moment...duh! Mea Culpa..

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
Tiger
Tiger
Secret Window. It wasn't Tarantino. It was Turturro who is awesome in everything he does. It was an ok movie.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Yep, you're right! When I have senior moments they do tend to go on...Turturro is an excellent character actor and shall undoubtedly be around for a long time...

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
C
C
I thought Dreamcatcher (the book) was a bit laborious - but the film was great. I find that with a lot of King's books - the films are better - am i the only one?

Thumbs up for Jeepers Creepers 2 and Cabin Fever. I thought Dreamcatcher was Kings take on Alien.

Carol

Carol P
Tiger
Tiger
Actually, I liked The Stand book better than the movie.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
The book is good but the movie is horrible. Stephen King is one of my favorite author but I often end up being bored with one part then when the other part starts I'm into the book again (that was the case with Dreamcatcher...almost in every chapter i would love a part then the next part i would hate or find it boring), it's very weird.

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.