logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143148 08/28/02 01:19 PM
OP Offline
if any of you are like me, you get artists block! (sometimes a lot!) Well, let me give you a few tips! First, I like to work in series, that means if I have a good idea, I try to expand it into several good ideas! I have a series right now of angels, I liked the picture, so I tied it to birthstones, and now I have twelve paintings to do! Try picking a theme that has several different facets, like the zodiac, the chinese zodiac, birthstones, seasons, months, anything that people can identify with is a real seller!

if you draw people, and are having a hard time with form, that means it's time to go back to the masters! Take a visit to your local art history museum and really LOOK at the way figures are drawn. Find an exhibit on a painter you really like, and check out how the poses are acheived, that will help knock your brain into gear.

Finally, mythology will never let you down! If you need an idea, just pick up a mythology book! not only will you find tons of ideas, but you can find a myth that suits your style! If you are a classical artist, stick with the greek and roman myths, more of a primal artist? Myths from africa will fit you! Take a peek and some odd mythologies, they will be sure to get hsoe creative juices flowing!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#143149 04/27/04 10:58 PM
As you mentioned, ideas from ancient antiquities. Check out The Centaur�s Smile: The Human Animal in Early Greek Art at the Houston museum of fine art http://www.mfah.org/main.asp?target=exhibition&par1=1&par2=2&par3=174 and these beautiful antiquities Phoenix Ancient Art
http://www.phoenixancientart.com/newsphoenixancientart.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica, Art History & Mythology:
[qb] if any of you are like me, you get artists block! (sometimes a lot!) Well, let me give you a few tips! First, I like to work in series, that means if I have a good idea, I try to expand it into several good ideas! I have a series right now of angels, I liked the picture, so I tied it to birthstones, and now I have twelve paintings to do! Try picking a theme that has several different facets, like the zodiac, the chinese zodiac, birthstones, seasons, months, anything that people can identify with is a real seller!

if you draw people, and are having a hard time with form, that means it's time to go back to the masters! Take a visit to your local art history museum and really LOOK at the way figures are drawn. Find an exhibit on a painter you really like, and check out how the poses are acheived, that will help knock your brain into gear.

Finally, mythology will never let you down! If you need an idea, just pick up a mythology book! not only will you find tons of ideas, but you can find a myth that suits your style! If you are a classical artist, stick with the greek and roman myths, more of a primal artist? Myths from africa will fit you! Take a peek and some odd mythologies, they will be sure to get hsoe creative juices flowing! [/qb]

Moderated by  Art Appreciation 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.