Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#140766 12/21/03 06:07 PM
Koala Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
hello!
i just want to know from u what is the worst thing that has happened in our world history

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Good question!! IMHO, the worst thing in history to happen is the change in attitude of people.

Many atrocoties would not occur if people were not so inclined to "turn a blind eye" to them happening.

If every person stood up and said "no this is wrong", then politicians and those who would do evil would not get away with nearly as much.

Jessie
Koala Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
hello!
well, u have a point!!
and i think one reason for these is also the racial discrimination

Amoeba
Amoeba
Hmmm.. it would be very hard to designate any one atrocity as "worst." There are so many to choose from. Nor am I sure there ever was a singular instance where people changed their attitude. People have been apathetic for millions of years. Fear is a great teacher.

I suppose for me, being part Native American, the worst thing that happened was something that wasn't even done intentionally. It was the diseases brought by the Europeans who came to the Americas. European diseases killed over 3/4 of the native population in less than 200 years. That's millions of people. Worse even than the holocaust in lives claimed.

[image]BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Koala Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
question?
is it the Black Plague ur talking about

Amoeba
Amoeba
No, Alexia. When the Europeans came they brought diseases with them that their immune systems had worked up defenses for over the centuries. These germs had never been in the Americas before. Diseases like measles and smallpox wiped out whole tribes. For instance, before the Pilgrims landed, there had been an expedition that came to New England before them, searching for a place for the Pilgrims to come to. After that boatload of Europeans left for England again, the entire Pawtuxet tribe died of the new diseases. When the Pilgrims came, they found all their homes empty. They thought it an act of God giving them the Indians land.

[image]BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Koala Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
so it's not black plague after all...hmm...

E
E

I know this is an old discussion, just a newbie trying things out here. blush

Hmmm...interesting theory, but I am not sure if the Pilgrims ever had a pre-search party sent out to scout a place for them to come to before they ever left England. confused
Besides, they ended up landing in the wrong place, bad weather, bad directions etc.
I am not saying the Europeans didn't bring the diseases you mention, but the Pilgrims were certainly not the first ones to bring such diseases with them to the shores of the US. That may have started with Columbus! grin

Etta

Etta Mc. but you may call me Etta.
Parakeet
Parakeet
The diseases introduced to the Americas did begin with Columbus' expeditions. The greatest exposure of disease to native americans began to occur with the expeditions and conquests by the Spanish of Central and South America in the 16th century.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Alot of the diseases i.e. smallpox were used on purpose that is how Pontiac was was defeated at Fort Detroit. Pontiac and his warriors had Fort Pontiac just about in their grips when they were given blankets with smallpox and slowly started to kill them off.

There are a slew of injustices in our nation's history and most of them had to do with Native Americans.

We chased them off of their lands, traded them for rum as slaves, lied to them, cheated them and killed them.

Then there was that little slavery incident with the Africans...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.