Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140097 12/26/03 02:45 PM
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I made my very first homemade soap over Thanksgiving! My sister and I did two small batches, one that is lavendar and rosemary with real bits of lavender in it and the second is vanilla-ginger with oatmeal and calendula blossoms. Fantastic stuff.... I figure I've got pretty much all the soap I'll need for 2004

So, now that my soap has finished curing, what is the best way to wrap it up and store it? Plastic wrap? Waxed paper? I've got about seven 1" thick bars of each kind.

- Rae

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#140098 12/28/03 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rae - BodyArt & Pagan:
[qb] I made my very first homemade soap over Thanksgiving! My sister and I did two small batches, one that is lavendar and rosemary with real bits of lavender in it and the second is vanilla-ginger with oatmeal and calendula blossoms. Fantastic stuff.... I figure I've got pretty much all the soap I'll need for 2004

So, now that my soap has finished curing, what is the best way to wrap it up and store it? Plastic wrap? Waxed paper? I've got about seven 1" thick bars of each kind.

- Rae [/qb]
Congrats on your first soapmaking efforts! A word to the wise, while you might have all the soap you'll NEED for 2004, I promise you'll make more! Soapmaking is addictive! LOL
Personally, I don't wrap my soaps to store them, I've got bookcases in my living room with all my curing soaps on it. I store them in plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store. That way I can walk in my home and smell them. If they're wrapped, you can't smell. :-)

#140099 12/29/03 07:23 PM
~ Rae ~ Offline OP
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks, Jodi!

With all my own dyeing and other projects around the house, I think I can resist more soap for now, at least until I visit with my sister again. I'll be content to make soap at her house for the time being.

I'm eagerly awaiting a goat-milk soap she made recently, and she did get me curious about superfatted soaps..... hmmm, you may be onto something there.....

- Rae

#140100 01/05/04 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rae - BodyArt & Pagan:
[qb] Thanks, Jodi!

With all my own dyeing and other projects around the house, I think I can resist more soap for now, at least until I visit with my sister again. I'll be content to make soap at her house for the time being.

I'm eagerly awaiting a goat-milk soap she made recently, and she did get me curious about superfatted soaps..... hmmm, you may be onto something there.....

- Rae [/qb]
LOL! Well, I figure if you keep in mind that I started as only making Hanukah and Christmas gifts for family, and now i've got more soap than I can use in a lifetime, I figure it's a safe bet! LOL
I LOVE Goat's Milk Soap!! It's so creamy and excellent! I make this wonderful soap with GM and Ginger Lime fragrance oil from RJ My kids adore it! They say it smells like candy, from the caramalized milk!

#140101 04/13/04 06:25 PM
Quote:
I store them in plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store.
ditto that

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I have stored my fresh soaps in paper bags and cardboard boxes. I make sure they can get air.

Kim DeLeary
Paranormal Editor
T
T
I use plastic shoe boxes too. They're clear, so you can see what's in there. I have so much soap now that I've started taking it to the hospital and giving it to the nurses and doctors when I have procedures done. (This is fairly frequently as I have a bad back). They are so appreciative that it's not a box of candy or a platter of cookies! See, I'm health conscious and green too! LOL!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.