Next Thread
Print Thread
#140024 01/21/03 10:26 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I've been making an oatmeal soap using white M&P glycerin. One person who bought it is saying that it dried out his skin. What are your opinions/thoughts about this? Of course, everyone is different - and I don't make any claims about the soap.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#140025 01/22/03 12:30 AM
Hi Jeanne,

Try adding a little glycerin USP to the melted soap base. This will help increase emolliency in the base itself.

As you know, oatmeal is a drying substance when added to skin treatments. You might want to re-think you additives to this soap, perhaps switching to calendula petals or some other less drying material.

Cheers,

Trina Wallace

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanne Daigle:
[qb]I've been making an oatmeal soap using white M&P glycerin. One person who bought it is saying that it dried out his skin. What are your opinions/thoughts about this? Of course, everyone is different - and I don't make any claims about the soap.[/qb]

#140026 01/22/03 08:34 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Ok... What is glycerin USP?

After I wrote the post I thought about it some more and oatmeal is a treatment for poison ivy, so it does make sense that oatmeal has a drying effect. The oatmeal bar I make is one of my more popular bars and only one person made a complaint about it drying his skin. So I will make a note of that and tell people that it could dry their skin. Of course, that's a good thing if you have oily skin.

#140027 02/06/03 09:08 AM
Hi Jeanne,
Just saw your post, I'm in my busy season at work so it's hard for me to browse.
I have been soaping going on 4 years. My biggest seller is Oatmeal soap, it is great for acne, psoriasis, etc but can be drying due to the exfoliation. I scent mine with OMH fragrance oil, and even add a little extra to it. I also use the soap base from www.sficcorp.com. I also buy it in large quantities and sell it to fellow soapers to help offset all of our costs. I am working on having my own site soon, for supplies. I buy in large quantities of frag oils, bottles and jars, and soap and lotion base. And my shipping prices are lower than anyone else's, I take alot of pride in that! Of course, I work for a direct mail service everyday, so that helps alot with shipping:)) Lotion is alot of fun to make, too and sells very well. If you would like to email me privately, feel free and I can send you a list of supplies, as well as supply references. I have alarge number of fellow soapers who buy from me.
WSP is a great compant to order from, as well. They have a great product and a good price, and are very nice people to deal with .
Back to the sfic soap base, they have been in business for 35 years, their soap has excellent lather, and they make a great product. My sales TRIPLED after switching to their base. I always suggest the honey base if the Oatmeal is too drying to people.
Anyway, best of luck, I try to visit this board as often as possible but work long hours. If you have any questions, please feel free to write! Libby

cool
#140028 04/13/04 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowdrift Farm:
[qb]Try adding a little glycerin[/qb]
Or honey. They're both humectants and will help draw moisture down into the skin.

#140029 04/20/06 01:22 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
i use oatmeal in a lot of my products as it brings back the natural ph to the skin i have never found it drying how much oatmeal do you put in?
i pack mine full and i tend to use oatmeal flakes not ground.
look at your base material is it a clear base or is it cloudy looking? if it is cloudy it is not a very good quality! try a different company.
honey is ok but can cause problems with bacteria
you could add dried milk powder
if you are selling oatmeal soap as a medicinal for excema dont add any fragrance as this is an irritant

alicat
www.pureessenceproducts.bravehost.com

#140030 05/01/06 11:44 AM
C
C
Oatmeal Soap is a great Seller for Me too. Oatmeal Soap is Recommended for People with Oily Skin. Customers need to be aware of this.
This Soap is also Excellent for Acne. I've Had some Happy
Customers telling me this. It's really Effective!
~Norma
[url=Http://www.SpSell.com/NormasBathandBody.html][url=Http://www.SpSell.com/NormasBathandBody.html][url=Http://www.SpSell.com/NormasBathandBody.html][url=Http://www.SpSell.com/NormasBathandBody.html]Http://www.SpSell.com/NormasBathandBody.html[/url][/url][/url][/url]

#140031 11/11/06 09:40 PM
I make my own transparant soap. It's a little cloudy, but it is excellent quality. Stephenson's soap base is pretty good too if you use premade M&P.

Irena
Ginger's Garden Soaps, Candles & Skin Care
http:www.gingersgarden.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.