logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#139128 04/14/04 12:20 AM
kz1oo4 Offline OP
OP Offline
i have a bad case of pimples and i have been hopping around the internet looking for solutions. i found this website that guarantees complete solution for pimples in 3 days. should i believe this guy?

http://www.acnefreein3days.com/?hop=humito

that's the website.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#139129 05/28/04 09:14 PM
nope! u need to look for products with benzyl peroxide, salycic acid or sulphur in them (dont no the exact spelling!) beauty products are [censored] for bad cases of acne, these medical products are usually reccomended by dematologists as a first case of action and can usually be found in chemists

Nicki
#139130 08/10/04 08:36 AM
In terms of products that are intended for external use, there is only so much they can do! They might dry out a pimple or kill the bacteria within it, more may still pop up, especially if your hormones are all over the joint.
If it's important to you, go to the doctor, as h/she can recommend prescriptions like:
*Antibiotics to kill bacteria, one of which is called Erothromycin here in Australia.
*The pill: I know that Brenda 35 ED is the name of one that is known for its acne-banishing effects. It has an effect on androgyns (male hormones) in our body, that cause our sebasceous glands to produce excess sebum.
*A potent form of retinol, known as Roaccutane, which can only be prescribed by dermatologists for very severe acne. Its side effects are dryness and are not pleasant, but end results are long-term.

But yeah, to kill random pimples or temporarily rid your skin of excess oiliness benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are excellent ingredients. A natural alternative is tea tree oil, because although it is oil, it is a powerful anticeptic, also.

Hope that helps!

#139131 10/11/04 05:41 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I am going to add that being reaaallllly CLEAN and keeping your hands OFF are two vitally important aspects of dealing with acne. Change that pillow case more often than you can possibly think is helpful.Keep your hands OFF! Chocolate has not been proven to cause acne but eating lots of greasy fried foods is Not helpful. Sunlight is good and drink at least 8-8oz glasses of water a day...WATER! Not soda or diet soda or milk or whatever it is that you drink...did I mention: Keep your hands OFF!

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
#139132 10/13/04 09:32 AM
Shark
Shark
Good point. I agree. Proper diet and sanitation are probably the two most helpful way to eliminate skin problems. However, if that does not work, I would really recommend consulting a dermatologist

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
#139133 12/13/04 12:54 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Another thing that does work for my son who at 28 still gets the ocassional zit( as I do at 57) is going to the tanning spa. One visit a month keeps him zit free...The real sun in the summer(although not to excess and ALWAYS wear sunscreen w/o fail no matter what!)

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
#139134 02/26/05 02:49 AM
Shark
Shark
All of the above is true, hormones also play a part. My husband had cystic acne growing up, my 12 year old I have on a strict skin care regimin that works great.

I didn't have pimples until my hysterectomy at 32. Started using progestrone cream and it cleared up pretty darn quick!

#139135 03/08/05 07:26 PM
Hi KZ,

The advice you are getting here is good. Another good site is acne.org.

Avoid acnefreein3days.

It is an expensive, four paged document that only recommends colon cleansing for 3-5 days.

I purchased it and i am sorry to this day that i wasted 40 bucks.

A website like acne.org is an organization that doesnt require money from you, and there is a large forum of people who give and ask for advice about acne. Ive found it to be very helpful myself.

Hope this helps

Warm Wishes,
Author of "A guide to beautiful skin"
http://lulu.com/skincare
#139136 07/30/05 07:02 PM
V
vlm Offline
V
Hi, I have this problem for over 5 years too, but it's getting smaller now. Well, I tried so many different products with salycic acid, sulphur, corticosteroids, that once a good pharmacist said my skin degenerated. It became thin and sensitive. I left it at rest for about a year and then found interesting mask. I see that it withdraws toxins from my skin, callosities under skin and spots dissappear. I note that it doesn't last 3 days, but much longer (perhaps 4-5 months).
That mask fascinated me and I started to work with that product. More about it: read stasiute.kgcnetworks.net

#139137 08/30/05 11:44 PM
J
J
The best way to treat acne is to see a doctor about it. If you have acne rosacea, or adult acne, the doctor would be the best person to treat it.

Here are some tips on controlling the pimples.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.