logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115797 04/08/02 02:53 PM
OP Offline
The Job Search forum is now open! Please feel free to add your comments, ask questions, suggest links or topics, etc. Input is always valuable in the continuing development of this site!

BellaOnline Job Search
jobsearch@bellaonline.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#115798 04/09/02 09:54 PM
Hi. I'm the dating host and I just wanted to talk to you about my situation. I've been off work for the last 9 months after having a job-related injury and surgery that was unsuccessful. I'm currently in vocational rehabilitation. My forte is typing but I can't do it anymore. I love computers and have some transferrable skills. Just wanted to know if you have any suggestions for me. Be glad to provide more info if you need it. Good luck on your site and forum. It's fun, isn't it?

#115799 04/10/02 08:00 AM
OP Offline
Hi Jan,
Thanks for the note and yes, I'm having a great time with my site and learning so much in the process as well!

It's difficult for me to give you any specific suggestions without knowing a bit more...i.e., what are the transferrable skills you mentioned, what types of positions (in what industries?) have you held, etc.

So, in very broad terms, one suggestion would be to look into customer service-related jobs. Customer service in any industry is one of the fastest growing employment segments today and is projected to continue thru 2010. In an office environment, the majority of customer service work would be done over the phone although some keyboarding is usually involved as well.

Jan, if you'd like more specific input, pls feel free to write me a private message via the board or send me an e-mail with more details about your work experience. Good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.