logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115532 10/14/04 02:08 PM
OP Offline
hi i have long dark brown hair that is past my shoulders. im getting it highlighted soon but thats beside the point i want it to get vut differently but dont know how. i was thinking layers but i dont like layers that get short to much around the face. i wanted something different but still long. can anyone give me any suggestions?? thankyou

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#115533 10/14/04 10:46 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
There are so many choices. Try looking at hairstyle books before you go for the cut.

You could layer it just at the bottom so that the bottom 3 or 4 inches is layered and more narrow than the top.

Some layering is shorter in the back and angleing longer toward the front.

#115534 10/18/04 10:15 AM
hi. i'm 44, my hair used to be really full and for over a year and a half coming out all the time. my ponytail is a far cry from what it used to be. i hate the hair on my back, clothes, skin, whatever so i'm thinkin if i shorten it might not be so distracting to me if noone else. it's straight and brown frosted. i weigh about 110 and need a cute cut shorter is better i am thinkin but i enjoy a ponytail or clips to pull it all up in back. i hate to lose that but i may have to to achieve this new look. what do you think?

#115535 10/18/04 10:16 AM
hi. i'm 44, my hair used to be really full and for over a year and a half coming out all the time. my ponytail is a far cry from what it used to be. i hate the hair on my back, clothes, skin, whatever so i'm thinkin if i shorten it might not be so distracting to me if noone else. it's straight and brown frosted. i weigh about 110 and need a cute cut shorter is better i am thinkin but i enjoy a ponytail or clips to pull it all up in back. i hate to lose that but i may have to to achieve this new look. what do you think?

#115536 10/19/04 06:35 PM
It's hard to lose the practicality of a pony tail but once you look in the mirror & see your nice, full healthly new hair- I'm sure you won't regret it. Plus there are so many cute sophisticated headbands out there- I'm sure you can find a solution for keeping the hair out of your face. Maybe a longer bob with some layers. This way it's not shockingly short but still will help to alleviate some of the hair loss. Also make sure you're eating enough protien and avoid using plastic bristle brushes. These cause breakage. Opt for a wide tooth comb for after washing (while wet) and a natural bristle brush for styling. Good luck & happy haircut!

#115537 11/07/04 02:15 PM
i'd have to recommend talking to your gp about your hair loss also. it may be a health issue that's correctable thru diet. if not, you might be eligible for using rogaine, or another hair restorer. based on how you describe it, i don't think it's normal to lose as much hair as you are.

i was worried about my hair loss, and what i did was collect all the hair i could, that came off during one day, including shedding on my clothes and what came out when i washed/conditioned my hair and then later blow-dried. then i took that one day's worth and brought it with me when i talked to my doctor. i wanted him to see exactly how much it was. turned out it was just normal hair loss, and it seemed like a lot, because my hair was long... just shy of my waist.

it's certainly better to know than to worry.

V***V

ps: i'm 38

:: i am a deeply superficial person ::
warhol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.