M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#112196 10/11/04 04:59 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Great column. I,too, have breast issues. I woke up somewhere around 9 1/2 years old with breasts and periods. Even now at a fluffy 57, most men would recognize my breasts before my face. A woman at the Y, in the shower told me just recently she was amazed that breasts as large as mine were so"perky". Was it a compliment, mmmm, an observation, someone with no self control? Does it matter?

Those tiny women with fake breasts bigger than their heads should be required by law to have them made out of lucite and full of goldfish with no covereage; maybe lighted?! all this fake stuff is messing up generations of young men and young women. Gives plastic a whoile new scope of meaning. Reconstrution is one thing; but putting implants into 14 year olds is just plain creepy. Wait let me tell you what I really think....

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
#112197 10/11/04 08:19 PM
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Roni. I'm sure every woman has some kind of issue with her breasts and if she says she doesn't I don't believe her. Some people really don't think before they speak but would probably be the first to complain if you said something so rude to them.

I agree the whole PS thing has gotten out of hand if teenagers think they need it. PS in terms of reconstruction for someone who's been injured or gone through cancer is another thing and I'm thankful it is an option for those people. We are a body conscious society. It's too bad it's on all the wrong things.

Thanks for dropping by.

#112198 05/01/05 07:49 AM
U
U
Hi,

I don't know if I'm really in the right place but I've decided to sit down at my computer and try and find other people who can understand my problem. The heading 'Mysterious Bosom' sums it up perfectly.

I've never been a thin person but I'm not exactly huge either (UK size 14/16). I've always been fairly large busted and from the age of about 17 was a 36DD. That then increased to an E around age 23. Then an F by 24... (can you see where this is going?). Anyway, I'm now 28, over the past three years my boobs have swelled and swelled, causing much pain, embarrasment and stretch marks along the way. Being too embarrassed to go to the shops and be measured I have found some excellent measuring guides on the internet and yesterday I got a new bra by Fantasie that is a 38 J as I was getting over-spill from my existing bras, this 38J bra actually fits me, it is the largest cup size that is on sale in the UK and I'm so upset. So much for 'bog is beautiful' to me I look awful, I am totally out of proportion, I hate going out because people stare at me. Some people look almost in disgust, I cover up as much as I can and I'm dreading the Summer when I can't hide under big jumpers any more. I don't go out in the evening with friends anymore - how can I when they'd all be there in pretty tops etc...

Does anyone out there understand how it feels to have people speaking to your chest? I'm sure lots of people wouldn't recognise my face! What can I wear to minimise the look of my bust? Why do they not sell minimiser bras in large sizes for those of us who really need them? So many questions! I feel like a freak! I'm also putting on weight because I can't really exercise - I suppose I could bind them up but would still be stared out of the gym!

I'm sorry this is long but I'm really hoping that there are others out there who have the same problems as me who will understand. I braved going to the Dr last year (not an easy subject to talk about with a GP) and apparently some people's busts don't stop growing until they're in their 30s, all normal apparently - doesn't feel/look very normal to me!

Thanks for listening - any advice gratefully received!

Upset from the UK!

Last edited by UKcontingent; 05/01/05 09:21 AM.
#112199 05/02/05 02:09 PM
Elephant
Elephant
It's even more mysterious when your body is heavy and the body fat goes everywhere EXCEPT your breasts. No clothing maker in the world believes that a heavier woman would also be relatively flat-chested. Most of the tailored clothes for adult women don't fit me properly unless I wear a bra with padding and push-up inserts.

#112200 05/03/05 09:48 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Here's my issue...try being a DD and 6'...so not only are men staring because they're big but because they're at eye level .... & short men love me even more.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

#112201 05/11/05 08:34 PM
D
D
I agree w/Rae...For myself..I am short 5`2``, and only wear a C cup, but this doesn`t proportion to the rest of my growth. I was just a 34 B, when I was 100 lb, now at 250..I am a 42 C, I also should wear padded bras, but find them hard to come by in my size.
Try being short, Wendy ...My poor girlfriend has A DD size and is under 5`, people at first think she is a child, until the frontal view..Do your shoulders have the dents in them from the weight too?
I also think there is too much "plastic" in female bodies now days. It Leaves guys with the wrong perspective for "normal" woman.

[imageBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
#112202 05/12/05 09:16 AM
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
I agree, men have a skewed perspective of the "normal" woman. It's hard for most women to compete with that.

#112203 05/13/05 06:38 AM
U
U
Sounds like if we all share what we've got we will all end up a normal size! ;-) Ignore the silicone implants, I'm happy to donate!

Dents in shoulders - oh yes! Still can't find anywhere that does serious support bras in large sizes, I've found industrial strength things up to a 'G' but nothing bigger. Surely the larger the cup size the more support needed! Maybe we need to start a bra company who makes what we want? Found a site the other day that told you how to make a bra - think that may be slightly over-ambitious!

#112204 05/13/05 09:46 AM
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Do you have the link for that? Curious. If it's good I might put it in my sew your own section.

Last edited by M o e; 05/13/05 09:47 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.