I was thinking of when I had a terrible house fire and had a very negative experience with my insurance company. I realize this is stretching the "fraud" category, but I feel compelled to say this...

Take pictures of what you have in your home, especially things that are precious to you and may be of some value and put them in a safe deposit box or a fireproof container. I had many antiques, paintings, and other items that were destroyed in a storage room in the basement. I couldn't prove anything about them as I had them for years so no receipts. I tried to find pictures inadvertently taken of them at past events in my home just to show what they looked like. So take pictures and keep receipts of valuable items, and put them in a safe place. This will stand you in good stead in case of a robbery or a fire.

Don't think this can't happen to you. No one was more devastated or surprised than I was. I lived in a townhouse and the fire started under the ground from a wire that went from the electrical box outside into the switch box in the house. There was no way to tell that the wire was eroding. Better safe than sorry!!