Ian, here is an update:

First of all, I would like to thank you for all you've done to help. After your posts, I went in prayer to God, the patron saints, the deities...all who are connected to and with animals. I thanked them all and addressed Anubis because he is the one you petitioned on my behalf.

It wasn't until I was ready to release the angst, fear and anger about someone taking my precious dog that I was able to regain a clear connection to Source. I was ready to release my own desires to whatever divine providence had in store for me and for my dog. I prayed for my dog and for myself, yes, but also for whoever took him. I forgave him as hard as this was for me. My trust in God, once again, was tested, and I released my selfish desires for the higher good for this dog, this person, for whoever ended up with my dog.

When I did, a peace fell upon me. Even though my heart was still very sad and I missed him greatly, my heart was no longer deeply troubled.

It was then I heard the voice of grace that came from several sources. First, I felt as though Anubis is protecting my dog. He is safe at least. Not eaten by a wild animal. Not being abused or mistreated in any way.

Second, I felt compelled to do some research on chihuahuas. When I did, I saw a picture of Chichen Itza. Chihuahuas were often used in temple ceremonies of the Maya. I heard a voice say to me, "When you see this image of Chichen Itza nine times, your dog will be returned to you."

Imagine that. Nine times? When would I ever see this image of Chichen Itza NINE times?!?!?

Third, I heard that this really is an opportunity to strengthen my own connection to Source AND a chance to see what I am made of. Can I put my spiritual understanding into real life practice? Can I rise above the mundane human condition? Can I see the spirituality of all things and events?

I honestly had to release my personal human ego and emotions. I returned to the animal shelter where there are countless ownerless animals. I donated to a Chihuahua Rescue group. I vowed to turn this experience into positive action fueled by love and not resentment.

Let me tell you that it was a tough wrestle between my human incarnation and my higher spirit. I wanted to wish my dog and his new owner/taker well. But when my husband told me he was going to take down the lost dog posters in the neighborhood, I told him I was going to put up new posters that said, "GIVE ME BACK MY DOG, YOU *#*@$#!!!"

I repented for that. More in another post so it will be easier to read.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage