I went to the vet today for an allergy check-up on Annie from 2 weeks ago. Of course, the conversation turned to pet food. He is aware that I have been cooking for Annie for over a month because of her allergies. He said that he is more concerned about the pollen in the air than her food allergies right now and that Solid Gold is fine and if her food allergies flair up to switch her to Solid Gold Millenium (with Bison instead of lamb). So I asked him, "What do you think?" My very conservative, politically right vet said said that the veterinarians in the office were discussing how ridiculous some of the claims were. He said that liver failure and renal disease has been the biggest killer of pets since 1972. So it is hard to determine how many more animals died this year than in previous years from this problem. Rat poison causes blood to clot so they don't believe that claim. Anti-freeze also has special properties. The Wheat Gluten or another ingredient is suspect because if "someone" wanted to poison a lot of animals right away, it could be contaminated from outside the U.S. or Canada and shipped here. :oOMG, I couldn't believe he said that! The vets are also stumped and aren't buying into all the rehtoric coming out of the pet food companies.

I am going to continue to cook for Annie and the cats most of the time and supplement with Solid Gold, when needed.

[color:#993399] [b]GINI
FIDS-Charley,Cha-Cha,Ladybird-Cockatiels
Shrek,Quaker & Fiona,Maroon Bellied Conure
Dog-Annie Cats-Cosmo and Howi
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!