Google is a good place to start. Type in Saul of Tarsus, or Jesus in India. You can also read the resent translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Holy Blood Holy Grail is another good work. Reading period sorces also contains a vast amount of knowledge of the politics, cults, and religions of the middle east during the first century CE. Read Josephus, Tacitus or any other Roman or Jewish historians. I've made this my life's work ever since I was thrown out of Sunday School because the over zealous youth pastor considered my playing Dungeons and Dragons as being Satanic. There are many books out there which go into depth on these subjects. But most people just scoff, saying it's just made up revisionist history. Remember that history is writen by the victors, but now in our internet information age, the truth can be found in some unlikely areas. Knowledge that was suppressed by the Catholic church is slowly coming to light, if your willing to dig for it.

The reason my post is appropriate is because this mentality of "Your with us or your against us" is destroying America. Christians are becoming more and more intolerant of anything or anyone they don't understand, fear or just hate, due to their differences. It is sickening to see people blindly following their ministers and political idiots like Dubja Bush.

The scary thing is, the message they are spreading is that the Rapture is coming anyway so they are destroying not only International good will, but also the delicate balance of the environment. When with this insanity end?

One nice thing is as an American who now lives in Denmark, I feel free to express my views without retaliation from the Christian Reich Thought Police.

So yes this is about Halloween and the freedom to have it, on a Sunday at night, without some fear mongering church or city council telling people they can't.

Peace!
Arius

http://thepaganleft.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Jenna - Christianity Editor; 10/12/05 07:48 PM.