Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Nancy Smith, iwvfztv92, Ballrealty, khajiitjess, Anthony Roman
56548 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56548 Members
417 Forums
111392 Topics
785792 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 284
Nancy Roussy 170
loongdragon 162
Rosie 66 143
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 139
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 97
James Andrew 94
Lestie4containergardens 59
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Lisa - Buddhism 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Fiction Writing
Jump to new posts What is a Flashback? by Val_at_FictionWriting @ Today at 12:12 AM

A flashback is a writing technique that transitions from a present-day scene to show a scene from the past. SHOW is the operative word here. What is a Flashback?
Buddhism
Jump to new posts Mindfulness and Meditation in Plain English by Lisa - Buddhism @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

I've decided to start some ongoing threads on books, the first of which is Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhanta Gunuratana. This is a classic, one of the most straighforward and complete books for beginners on mindfulness meditation as it is taught
Astronomy
Jump to new posts Father Hell - Astronomer by Mona - Astronomy @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

The Moon's Hell crater sounds like the last place a space tourist would ever want to visit. But it's named for 18th century astronomer Father Maximilian Hell, director of the Vienna Observatory. He observed the 1769 Venus transit from Norway's far n
Meditation
Jump to new posts Easter Week Meditation by Susan - Meditation Editor @ Yesterday at 12:52 PM

A meditation on how the events of Easter week are reflected in our daily life. Easter Week Meditation
Literary Fiction
Jump to new posts Gone Girl Movie by Tina - Living Simply @ Yesterday at 10:20 AM

I'm excited to find out that Gone Girl will be a movie to be released in October. It was one of the best books I've ever read, I will be so excited to see the movie. Anyone else love the book?
Adoption
Jump to new posts Positive Adoption Language by Deanna - Adoption Editor @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

Do you use language that is positive and respectful when talking about adoption? Some people without even realizing it may use terms that can be considered hurtful or offensive. Here's a look at a few common adoption language faux pas - and some more
Mystery Books
Jump to new posts Norwegians turn to crime at Easter by Mona - Astronomy @ Yesterday at 06:38 AM

Yesterday in a book store I learned about PĂ„skekrim (Easter crime), an unexpected Norwegian pastime. No, they don't take up committing crimes for Easter, but reading crime stories at Easter is a tradition. As are TV murder mysteries of any vintage.
Sewing
Jump to new posts How to Hem with a Sewing Machine by John Alexander @ Yesterday at 01:59 AM

The easiest way to learn a new sewing technique is by practicing it when you are not under pressure. You ideally should have some extra time to really look at the fabric and the way the seam is created as it runs through the machine. Sewing machine h
Sewing
Jump to new posts Pillowcase Sewing Instructions by John Alexander @ Yesterday at 01:56 AM

Learning how to sew a pillowcase is perhaps the easiest sewing project you can tackle. All that is necessary is the correct size pillow and some pillowcase sewing instructions, so that you can measure the pattern correctly, and a couple of yards of m
Sewing
Jump to new posts Know Your Sewing Machine Parts by John Alexander @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

New to sewing? Getting to know your sewing machine parts will help you get going on your first project. Knowing the important parts of sewing machines can also help you decide on which sewing machine you would like to buy, should you be in the market
Sewing
Jump to new posts How to Sew Kitchen Curtains by John Alexander @ Yesterday at 01:39 AM

Sewing kitchen curtains is one of those projects many new homeowners tackle immediately. It makes perfect sense. Who doesn't want their curtains to match their new dishes or the new paint job? Window treatments such as drapes are generally used in o
Flash and Animation
Jump to new posts Ken Burns Effect In Motion - Record Keyframes by Digital Art and Animation @ 04/15/14 09:59 PM

We will continue to work on the Ken Burns effect for our Motion trailer. We will be using the Record feature in Motion to create two keyframes that will control the panning of our still image for the Ken Burns effect. Ken Burns Effect In Motion - Re
Flash and Animation
Jump to new posts Ken Burns Effect In Motion 5 - Set Up by Digital Art and Animation @ 04/15/14 09:57 PM

In this tutorial, we will work on the second scene of our trailer in Apple Motion. This will consist of an image of the entire product which will be animated with the Ken Burns effect. The Ken Burns effect is a technique applied to still images to gi
Irish Culture
Jump to new posts New Post- Irish Tay by Bee - IrishCulture @ 04/15/14 05:45 PM

We've had house guests to our cottage this week so I'm still on the food topic. But tea really does keep Ireland on the go. Look out for my newest post.
Wicca
Jump to new posts Wiccan Full Seed Moon of April by Ro Longstreet-Wicca @ 04/15/14 04:52 PM

The magic you work during the month of the Seed Moon is very physically and emotionally intense. This month involves a huge revving up of energy as compared to the slower months that preceded it. Wiccan Full Seed Moon of April
Exercise
Jump to new posts What's on your Exercise play list by Dianne W - Editor @ 04/15/14 04:35 PM

I know some don't, but I love listening to music when I work out and I'm always looking for new songs to add to my playlist. Anyone with good suggestions?
Job Search
Jump to new posts Job Fairs and Bad Weather by Dianne W - Editor @ 04/15/14 04:17 PM

The snow is finally over, for most of us. Today, however, it's pouring rain and the wind is whipping everything in sight. Let's say there is a job fair today for a huge retailer opening in the area. Granted, they will be holding the job fair two mor
Job Search
Jump to new posts Good idea or bad judgement? by Dianne W - Editor @ 04/15/14 04:11 PM

A gentleman came into the office for an interview. It was raining like crazy outside. He came in with an armful of books (not sure why - I saw him walk from his car) and a huge umbrella. When called into the interview, he simply walked in and left
Job Search
Jump to new posts How to Handle Finance Questions During Interview by Dianne W - Editor @ 04/15/14 04:06 PM

Is my financial information important in my job search? Even if the position doesn't require cash handling or accounting, a poor credit score can hurt your chances of getting the job. Learn how to deal with those sticky financial questions during the
Job Search
Jump to new posts What is the Interviewer Thinking? by Dianne W - Editor @ 04/15/14 04:02 PM

The interviewer is mindlessly flipping through pages. Is that a smile or a smirk? Should I ask her to repeat the question? Have you ever wondered exactly what the hiring manager was thinking during the interview? Hear the thoughts from the other side
Short Stories
Jump to new posts Organizing Your Short Stories by Kathryn - Short Stories @ 04/15/14 03:46 PM

Greetings everyone! How do you organize your thoughts, research, and notes into a cohesive short story? I hope you enjoy the article and I'm looking forward to sharing ideas here in the forum. Organizing Your Short Stories
Special Needs Children
Jump to new posts People with Down Syndrome Raise Awareness by SNC_Editor_Pam @ 04/15/14 03:22 PM

Families and advocacy organizations raise awareness about the potential of individuals with Down syndrome during events year-round, and especially during October or on World Down Syndrome Day March 21st. People with Down syndrome are more powerful ad
Special Needs Children
Jump to new posts Early Intervention and Multicultural Competence by SNC_Editor_Pam @ 04/15/14 03:19 PM

There is the same cultural and ethnic diversity among families of children with disabilities as their local community, rarely reflected in the staff or leadership of early intervention centers and advocacy groups. Outreach and programming should be c
Pagan
Jump to new posts The Art of Caching by Ninjahedgewych @ 04/15/14 10:03 AM

This latest article concentrates on some of the background and "Whys?" of caching, and an example of how to do this in environmentally sensitive areas
Chocolate
Jump to new posts Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe by Michelle -Chocolate @ 04/15/14 06:58 AM

Bread pudding is a dessert enjoyed all around the world. It has been in existence for centuries. Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Brand New Posts
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
4 minutes 51 seconds ago
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
8 minutes 39 seconds ago
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
14 minutes 29 seconds ago
Which sports watch brand you like the most ?
by Alyssa lemuda
Beauty Basics
32 minutes 10 seconds ago
Suggestion for fashion jewelry?
by Alyssa lemuda
Beauty Basics
37 minutes 27 seconds ago
Cocktail Colorful Crystal Ring
by Nancy Smith
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:45 AM
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 12:57 AM
What is a Flashback?
by Val_at_FictionWriting
Fiction Writing
Today at 12:12 AM
The Goddess
by ancientflaxman
Spirituality
Yesterday at 09:07 PM
Mindfulness and Meditation in Plain English
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 07:55 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Nancy Roussy), 75 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.