Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 121 1 2 3 120 121
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Let us know your favorite exercise, do you have a fitness routine?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Jogging everyday for about half an hour per day for a fitness routine!That's my favorite exercise.:)

Come to pandahall to get your fashionable jewelry.
Shark
Shark
jogging also is also my favorate , it's a good way to release pressure, you can have a try.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Wow! Runner's that's great. I'm more of the walking speed myself but I think it is a great thing, definetly good for your heart, and what ever else may ail you. And it's a great mental health booster.

Thanks for sharing.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I'd love to jog but I'm not strong enough, the longest I can run without having to stop is less than one minute (im not so sure i can do 30 seconds). I stopped exercising in August of 2009 and started again on August 11 of last year (thankfully i did a lot of walking during that time). The first exercise I did is called a reversed curl for the abdominals (found it on Youtube..did the Laura London version) and I finished that exercise yesterday, did it for 161 days (i did 1 the first night then added 1 each night before showering--always exercise like that). Tonight I'm starting a new exercise, I don't want to skip a day just yet in case I again don't exercise for a long time.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I can't run or job either. I envied my daughters who were athletes. One daughter ran cross country - whew!

This morning I was on my hands and knees and doing some stretches and arches. I need to start walking - I'm no doing myself any favors by not getting out more or doing more physical workouts.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, I was going to ask what exercise you did so thanks for sharing it with us. Your technique is unique but I can see how it would keep you exercising by not pushing yourself too hard and also having something exclusive to focus on.

Let us know what your new exercise is.

Last edited by Terri-Exercise Editor; 01/19/13 08:56 PM.
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, jogging is a hard activity and I know this because I used to jog. I got up to about five miles but it nearly killed me. Me knees were always so sore.

Walking is a great exercise to begin a fitness program. You should read my article: Starting a New Exercise Routine

I use walking as the example in the article. It may help you to start out with just one thing, even just one exercise that you do everyday until it becomes a habit. I wish you the best of luck and let me know if I can help you.

Thanks for sharing.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, I am sorry that my original post didn't get posted. I wrote last night but I think I forgot to hit submit.

I wanted to congratulate you for your determination in staying with one thing so long. I can't wait to hear what your next exercise is going to be. Always believe in yourself. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

D
D
I do walking, jumping jack, squatting and push ups. But I also think playing and running with children is a good exercise and at the same time I am having fun.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Chasing after my 3 year old grandson is truly exercise and a joy.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Djesse, you've got your own bootcamp circuit going there. All of those are great exercises and I think I did include them in my article on Boot Camp. You can read it here: Boot Camp Workout at Home

Chasing children is an exercise we often forget but you are right I'm sure your burning lots of calories.
Thanks for the post.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, keep chasing it's good for you and provides you a lot of pleasure.

N
N
Tonight I will finish the second exercise I picked after starting exercising again. I again started with just doing it once the first day then adding one more per day so tonight will be 98 times. The exercise is an easy one and I picked the easiest version because I could see myself getting tired of exercising each nights before my shower and I did not want to end up not exercising for a few years again.

The exercise I picked is the one when we are standing, lifting our knees up one at a time and touching the knee with the elbow but I did not do it normally when we touch the right knee with the left elbow and vice versa, I touch the right knee with the right elbow and the left knee with the left elbow. After about fifty of these and you start getting tired.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A

My grandson's day care/pre school went to the park today. I spent the morning keeping an eye on him and chasing after him. I'm exhausted.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, congratulations for sticking with it. Are you going to take a short break, or do you have your next exercise in mind?

N
N
Hi Terri :-D! I will start a new exercise tonight. I will come back on the last day to talk about it, :-).

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I did some gardening today and will go back out after dinner to do some more.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Good luck with it, Nancy!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Gardening is great exercise for the body and the mind.

N
N
Thanks Terri!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I was out in the garden for I think four hours, making a concerted effort to clear out all the prickers along the right side of the yard. The prickers etc. had encroached a full ten feet into the yard from the boundary stone wall over the years. So I cut it all back. I left a forsythia bush which I now want to edge around. The plan is to plant bugleweed along the stone wall, to help keep weeds from growing there. It's too shady for grass it seems.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did some more gardening today, but not nearly as strenuous as yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow I can get more activity in.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Weeding is strenuous, Lisa! Back-breaking work.

Today, I skipped the raking of leaves and took a walk. Walking is so enjoyable.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Today I used the weed wacker for about half an hour in the garden and then did 256 calories on the treadmill while watching Les Miserables.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I just wanted to remind everyone that I had shoulder surgery yesterday. I was afraid you would think I was ignoring you. I'm miserable. Very painful. So please feel sorry for me because I do. LOL.

Hard to type with one hand but I'll stay in touch. Keep exercising. We have had a foot of snow in the last 2 days. Eternal winter.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, my goodness, Terri. You are a trooper for even trying to check in here with only one arm! And just after a painful surgery, too.

I'm so sorry you're hurting. Do you have any painkillers?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
N
N
I am very sorry to hear that Terri! I wish you a full recovery! I also hope that your pain will soon go away! You should take it easy until this is all over, take a break from the internet and take care of yourself, we'll be waiting for you to return completely healthy!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Lots of painkiller-shoulder surgery is typically very painful. Ended up having a whole new rotator cuff made. Let's hope it holds.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Than you Nancy. I can't help but check in you are all my support. Besides it is a very long healing process--I would miss everyone.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Get well soon. Shoulder with new rotor cuff is painful and show.

My Mother in law's dog is visiting. I have walked up and down the block and four times already today.

I wish I had a walking partner.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Terri -

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in pain! I hope you heal up soon so that everything feels better. How long do they estimate until the pain becomes better?

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Thanks Lisa. Pain is a little better today. It is just a gradual process but is much better right now.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Wile my mother in law was in the hospital, her dog was visiting us. My three year old grandson was with us today and he was the dog walker. We walked about a mile this morning to the playground and back. We then walked several other times during the day too.

One day I will have to get a new dog so that I will have to go for a walk.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Jogging is much too hard on the joints for me. I am trying to walk more each day out in the open air. I try to walk at least 30 minutes per day.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today we moved our fire pit / cauldron so that involved a lot of lifting and walking, so that was good! And we cleaned off the back deck so I can do yoga there again. Of course it'll be rainy the next two days, but that's OK. Maybe I can get some yoga in before it starts. I do need to start exercising more regularly again!

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Didn't feel good to get out and move around? I can't wait to be able to hang out o the patio.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Angie, I wonder if you can put an ad in your craigslist personals about finding a nice lady to be your walking partner?

I've been doing between 15 minutes to 2 hours of gentle movement this week, daily. I want to keep this going. My mimimum goal is 15 minutes, because that is very non-intimidating. I can at least stretch or run in place or dance to music for that long. If it ends up longer, that's gravy.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
That's so great. Keep moving!

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Jilly. I need to ask around the neighborhood. I'll find someone.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Angie, you might check at your local YMCA or Rec Center and see if there is a "walking club" or something. Where I live, there is a group who gets together in the early morning and walks at the mall.

I have 2 dogs and walk them twice a day. They won't let me skip! I used to walk with my sister when I lived in Oregon and since we moved, I got an ipod and listen to audio books. Between my dogs and the audio books, I look forward to walking every day.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Love those audiobooks. I have a stockpile at the moment, only because I am not walking. I hope after the first of June my obligations will lighten and I will talk myself into getting out.

What books do you like to listen to on your ipod?

Koala
Koala
Dear Terri,

Recovering slowly from my stabbing, today did 5 minutes of recombent bike.
loong

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Stabbing? I am so sorry to hear about something like that. Keep up the exercise regimen for a full recover.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Loong, what do you mean stabbing?????

N
N
Tonight I will finish another exercise. This time I picked the one where we are laying on the ground on our sides and we lift both legs at the same time. I did both sides every nights and also started at one and added one every night so tonight it will be fortynine.

This is a good exercise. The first time I had lots of trouble with it and it scared me since I only did it once on each sides but with every day it became easier.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Congratulations Nancy. Are you taking a break before you start your next exercise?

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A

Does walking over a quarter mile across a parking lot pushing a stroller count as exercise?

N
N
Thanks Terri! No break, I will start another exercise tomorrow (that 1 looks hard) and like the others I will come here on the last day to talk about it.

N
N
Angie,

I think it does! Was it hot too? I love to walk but I never walking while pushing a stroller.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I loaded and unloaded groceries for 8 hours today. It was a great workout!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, how long was the walk? I would put in the category of short bursts of energy.

Go to my Facebook page--BellaOnline-Exercise, and look at my post for June 10. It talks about short bursts of exercise.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Sounds good. We will look forward to hearing what the new exercise is.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Connie, way to go. Talk about "non-traditional" exercise!

N
N
Tonight I will finish another exercise!

This time I did an exercise found on Youtube called "How to Get Rid of Love Handles" by "healthbetter". This exercise is horrible. I only found the way to do it without using my head, neck and back to push me up on the day seventeen. It's a miracle that I did not screw my back and neck with that stupid exercise. I almost gave it up since not only is it dangerous but it also don't do anything (i have a very small tummy to get rid of..theres probably just 1 pound to lose with this) but I was afraid to be another long time without exercising so I pushed myself to do it during the time I set for it.

Tomorrow I am starting another exercise, I will come back on the last day to talk about it.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, thank you for keeping in touch and letting us know about the exercise you had been doing. Your method is definitely unique but it works for you so that's what's important.

Congratulations on finishing the exercise--you have a lot of determination. I hope you pick one that is a little safer this time. Be sure and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Last night I did Zumba. I had actually stopped taking Zumba classes back in early spring, but decided I needed some cross training to go along with my running.

Grandma to Half Marathon

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
How did the Zumba feel? Any problems?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
It actually felt pretty good. I wasn't as tired as I thought I was going to be. I didn't even wake up sore this morning. I wore my running sneakers, I think I may have to invest in a new pair of cross trainers.

Which actually is a question for you...do you think it's important to wear the right sneakers for the activity. In other words, are running sneakers good for other things such as Zumba, are cross trainers good for running? I was always curious about what others thought.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Dianne, the proper shoe really depends on your intentions. If you plan on doing some cross-training to supplement your running then I would recommend a pair of cross-trainer shoes.

Cross-trainers and running shoes are constructed differently. The cross-trainers provide more stability for the knees during side to side and pivoting movements. The running shoe is usually lighter and made for "running". In order to protect your knees and ankles you should consider having a pair of each. $$$$

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I definitely need to focus on exercising more. Luckily the weather has been good the past week or so so we've been out kayaking every day, pretty much.

Today we didn't kayak, but I went to a sculpture park with friends and we walked around it for three hours, including up and down stairs and hills. I should have worn my pedometer!

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Sounds like a wonderful way to get your walking in.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yup and today I walked around a local forest for two hours! It was wonderful. I do need to get out more often and do this.

We'll see what tomorrow holds!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Ok, this morning a friend invited me to go to a "bootcamp" with her. I must have been insane, but I went, lol!

Every muscle in my body hurts, and there's no telling what I'll feel like tomorrow - but at least I did it.

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Bootcamp! Good for you. I pulled weeds in my back yard for about five hours. Probably overdid it, but at least my cat no longer has any hiding places from which to stalk the birds at the feeder.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
* Fun BellaOnline forum games here.
* My books on paganism starting at 0.99 cents.
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Five hours! I admire your perseverance.

I played with my hula hoop for awhile. I shopped (my purse is a bit lighter). I jogged up and down the stairs a few dozen times too trying to get some things done.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks! But five hours is getting a bit obsessive. wink Probably should have stopped after two. At least I won't have to do it again for a while. The hula hoop and shopping sound like way more fun!

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
* Fun BellaOnline forum games here.
* My books on paganism starting at 0.99 cents.
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I worked in my yard about an hour the other day. The weeds have gone berserk with all the rain we have had this summer and although I have kept up with the weeding, part of the yard on the outer perimeter is so overgrown. I saw a snake back there last week, EEK! A raccoon visits the compost bin in the yard daily too.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Chelle, you have great courage! Bootcamps can definitely be brutal. Soak your aching muscles and you'll feel better in the morning.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
You all are awesome. Keeping your body moving is what it's all about. Unfortunately for my body I went to see a movie instead of exercising.

Chelle, went to see Elysium. Have you seen it?

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I boxed groceries for 2 1/2 hours, then I cleaned tables for another half hour.

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: Terri-Exercise Editor
Chelle, went to see Elysium. Have you seen it?

Unfortunately, no. How did you like it?

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I was pretty good. Lot's of action. My husband and I thought up an alternative story line that we think is better. LOL

N
N

This time (again like the other exercises...1 time the first day then adding 1 more each day) I did the reverse of the first exercise. On my back, hands beneath the butt, legs in the air and lowering both legs. This is an average exercise.

Tomorrow I am starting another exercise.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy -

That is awesome! Good for you, for adding in exercises!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My exercises for today were playing with weighted hula hoops smile

Luckily my knee damage is healing up well, so I should be able to do yoga again tomorrow.

Low Carb Forum
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy--good job! It's great that you are staying consistent. Good luck on the next exercise.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Great picture. How did you like the weighted hula hoops?

N
N

I did a version of the previous exercise. Laying on the back, hands under the butt and lowering one leg at a time. This exercise is average.

I will stop exercising every night before showering but starting tomorrow I will start walking again, I will at least have one small walk every day. There's some places where I have not walked to yet and I will try doing these walks until I start exercising again.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I walked a mile and listened to my book.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Great job Nancy. Good luck with the walking, be safe.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, that's a great way to enjoy to fun things at once.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
3.5 mile walk and 1 hour rebounding.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Wow! You must be "bounding" with energy. Good for you.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I had my husband hang that gargantuan punching bag that's been laying on it's side downstairs.

It's been doing wonders! smile

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 09/23/13 06:37 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Walked 3 blocks to the subway -
walked down the stairs -
walked up the stairs -
walked to work -
started at noon, had a 1/2 hour lunch at 2 p.m....no break...on my feel all day, running around..
left work, down the stairs and up again and a 3 block walk home!

That's my gym 5 days a week! smile

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Allyson, when I lived and worked in NYC that was my exercise plan too. I lived in Far Rockaway and probably would never have gotten a driver's license except that I moved to California. I walked everywhere or took public transportation. Because it took two hours to get to work every day I read a lot of books and learned a lot of crafts along the way!

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Allyson, that's a great way to stay in shape. Saves you time because you have to do it anyway. Saves money because you don't have to join a gym or buy equipment, other than a comfortable pair of walking shoes.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Exactly, Terri!

However, my shoes do wear out a lot faster. I never seem to buy the best pair. If anybody has a favorite brand without being too expensive, which are comfortable, I'd love to hear about them.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Allyson, I like New Balance. They seem to last awhile, for me. They are expensive so you have to get them at shoe stores like "Shoe Carnival" or somewhere where they are perpetually marked down.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Terri, that is so funny. That's the pair I have right now. However, I think I got the walking shoes and maybe I should have gotten jogging or something else. Had them maybe 2 months and now my feet hurt. I even put some Dr Scholl's gel inserts which helped a while, but not anymore. I do like the shoe though, they are light and comfortable for the most part.

My feet are getting old! frown

A
A
You look very young so surely your feet are old and not the rest of you. I have a knee that is not aging as gracefully as my other parts! There is a Reebok outlet near us that we like, the shoes seem to last a long time and are relatively inexpensive. Someone else told us to try Dr. Scholl's inserts - so you like those?

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you for your kind words smile

I just turned 54 last Sunday! I do like the Scholl's inserts, but there are so many that I think would serve my feet much better, I just have to look for them.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
First of all I can't believe your. As for the shoes, you'll just have to try on several brands and find one that's comfortable for you. I used to be a Nike devotee but changed as I got older. I hope you find some comfortable shoes.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
While traveling and doing heavy duty sightseeing, I wore a pair of slip on tennis shoes which were comfortable here at home. I wore them once and put them away for the rest of the trip. I wore my Pikolinos, a little buckle up sandle everywhere. Granted, I'm not doing power walking or jumping jacks, et al, just walking, but how much more comfortable they were. The day I purchased them I knew they were going to be a comfortable shoe.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Today I did 60 minutes of wii fit, which is my normal routine.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
That's really good. WII Fit can be an intense workout. I don't think I've ever been able to do 60 minutes. What exercises do you do?

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I like Wii (sp)

I used to have it and actually miss it. But for now I'm trying to get on this Mountain thingy - I don't know the tech. term but it's like a cross-country skiing type deal.

I want to do it, but just can't seem to do it w/out something going wrong.

I wonder if anyone out there has a suggestion as to the difference between say a flat-walker, like almost a conveyor belt vs. this Mt. climbing-thing.

The Mt. thing really hurts, but my mother-in-law has a flat thingy that might work better?

I don't really know my body parts, but probably should.

Something to work on because, at least in my mind, it's all connected smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Elleise, if the cross-country ski machine hurts, don't do it. You may strain or pull a muscle. I'm not sure what the flat "thingy" is but is it a treadmill? The best indoor machines you can use are a treadmill with cushioning and a recumbent bike.

Good luck with those body parts.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Elleise, I'm wondering if the mountain climbing machine is a nordic track (sp?) or elliptical machine. I've done both and they are intense!

I do very low, I mean loooow impact aerobics on the wii. The freestep where I'm stepping on and off a platform that is about 6 inches high and the hula hoop. I usually start with 30 minutes of the free step, then alternate free step, hula until I reach 60 min. I listen to affirmations while I exercise. 2 birds. 1 stone.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

S
S
I do running and jumping jack also sometimes every morning. And I also agree that playing with your kids is a good exercise. You are not only gaining a healhy body but also time for your kids.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OK I'm getting a bit back into a schedule. I finally got the living room cleaned out enough so I could Wii dance for an hour. It was great! Hopefully I can do that more going forward. I love to dance.

Plus I did some yoga.

Low Carb Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I walked around Costco for 1/2 hour.

N
N
So that Nintendo Wii Fit is fun? I got it along with a Nintendo Wii for free when I received gift cards from Telus (when they were giving me bad services for my internet...they must of felt bad but i did get more than a year of horrible internet signal that cost more than what they gave us) but I have yet to plug it in and try it.

As for me the day I left here was the last day I exercised before my shower. I did have walks here and there but that's it (less than 10 i think). By the time I get up it's dark outside after I finish all my morning routine. I love night so technically walking at night is not a problem for me but here it's dangerous so it's not a good idea to walk at night unless you have a big dog with you or a gun.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Nancy, it has been too cold here to walk but today would have been the day to do if I had not gone to Costco.

N
N
Angie,

We have had many cold days here too. I have stayed inside mostly except for when I have an appointment so I have not been in that cold. The worst days though the house gets very cold too since we only can heat with the wood stove in the basement (dont have the money to use the electric heaters except for the bathroom and hallway upstairs..i do use it in the downstairs bathroom where i openn it before my shower and close it before i finish with everything else my parents wash themselves in the cold but not me), a day was so bad that I spent most of that day in the basement next to the wood stove.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Nancy, brrrr. Here too; there were days I kept a blanket on me.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I walked 8 miles, I danced for 30 minutes with my daughters, and I jumped on a trampoline for 15 minutes.

A great exercise day!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I have started something new-just today. I put my dumbbells that I am currently using, and my resistance band in my office, along with a small weight lifting plan I have started. I have set my timer for 30 minutes and every time it goes off I do one or two of the exercises in my plan.

So far so good. I'll let you know how it works. I have a very good feeling about it.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I like this idea. I think I will incorporate it in some way. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I did it yesterday and it worked real well. We'll see how I progress.

N
N
The day I left Bella Online in September was the last time I exercised. I did walk a few times since then (not long walks and probably less than 5 - less than 10 for sure).

I will start walking every day tomorrow. Then I plan on taking a month off from walking but not start exercising again (i started taking vitamins and calciums again for a short while to get used to it again.....vitamins are ok but the calciums are disgusting so that was not something i had missed......after the walks {wont take them during the walking days} ill start that again adding cleanings [my 4 rooms at least....since last summer all i do on sundays {my cleaning day} is wash my bedding {comforter is only every 4 weeks} thankfully im not disgusting so the worst that did is accumulation of dust] then after another break i will be ready to add exercise every night before showering or i will go straight to that without a break).

I will come here every day on the days I will walk. After my month off walks I will come back to say whether I start walking again before exercising or if I go straight back to exercising. If I am not back after that one month then that 100% means that I am exercising again.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I pushed shopping carts from the corrals to the store for 2 1/2 hours. I push 8-10 carts at a time. GREAT exercise!

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

G
G
Do you consider doing household chores as an exercise? Just joking. Anyway, for me doing a 10 counts of inhale exhale is the best daily therapy for me. I love doing this rather doing jogging for 30 minutes around the village.

N
N
I walked today.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
It was a nice day, so I walked about 4.5 miles. Really nice. I'm not much of an exercise person.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I'm not feeling the greatest, but I've a strong will!

So, today though it may not sound like a lot to some people, I cleaned the bathroom, my least favorite place to clean smile

From there, not much, but made my husband a gourmet lunch/dinner. The exercises I usually do involve a kick-boxing bag, bench-press and ski-machine.

For not, I figure something is better than NOT doing anything at all!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy. Glad to hear you're still out there. Please keep us posted on your walking and we will cheer you on.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Sorry folks for not being more diligent in checking my email. I have an added site and some how my emails and going to the wrong accouts. I'll figure it out, but in the meantime I will answer the emails that are here.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Karen, any movement is great even if it is not labeled "exercise". Keep it up and get strong.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Mona, 4.5 miles is fantastic and it sounds like an exercise person to me. Walking is one of the very best forms of exercise you can do. Keep walking.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
That's great. Keep it up.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Terri, I shopped - so walked into the store and back to the car smile Tomorrow, I plan to go on a three-mile brisk walk with my friend.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I walked for 3 hours today

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Looking forward to hearing about your 3 mile walk.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, you are doing great, such determination and discipline. Keep up the good work.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Connie, wow! How do you feel today, any repercussions?

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Tyler and I went for a stroll today - I was up and down a lot and we wrap up the book sale so I will be on my feet a lot tomorrow.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Keep it up Nancy.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, sounds like you have a lot of movement and activity going on. That's great. You might consider doing some easy stretches after being on your feet all day.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I raked a small portion of my garden. I need to finish after dinner. Evidently, we're getting some rain tomorrow.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, keep up the raking, as you know, it' good for you.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
No raking today. It's raining cats and dogs.

Monday is the day we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes.... (remember that old nursery rhyme?) For me, Monday is wash day.

Last edited by Angie; 04/07/14 05:55 AM.
N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Me too!

N
N
I walked today.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Today is my day off. I walked several blocks doing my grocery shopping in Brooklyn. Now it's time to create some great recipes for this weekends posts.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
My grandsons and I walked Henricus Historical Park today - one is 4 and one is 5 months.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
My exorcise was release from B.S. along with a fine-mesh-drain to wash veggies among other things.

All of the little-critters that find their way in? Well, we'll need something a bit bigger wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Worked in the yard for about an hour. I need to start walking again.

N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy you are doing great, so consistent which is one of the main aspects of regular exercise.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, your off to a good start. Your out there and moving. Now just keep moving.

N
N
Terri,

I almost did not walk a few days (mainly when i woke up early for watching tennis) but did it anyway, these were very small walks but at least I walked. Technically all my walks have been small (meaning less than 1 hour), I am trying to get myself back in the groove.

My brain is very happy to have fresh air every day. I also have more energy since walking again (right now im a zombie but i have insomnia which started a few weeks ago).

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, you should be proud of yourself for your willpower and self-discipline. If you consider a walk under 1 hour as small, then I am amazed. Keep safe.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I worked in the yard about 1.5 hours yesterday and did grandmother stuff until midnight. Did I sleep well. I walked a mile this evening. I need to walk and I have an Audible book that I need to finish; I listen when I walk.

N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Nancy, I hope you're wearing a good pair of walking shoes.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, I don't know your weight so this is just an estimate based on an 150 lb. woman. If you garden for 1.5 hours you can burn up to 500 calories. Way to go!

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
If that is the case, than I just about used up all the calories I ate yesterday! I use the loseit.com app and have been trying to track it all. I want to walk more so that I can listen to my books.

N
N
Terri,

We still have lots of snow so it's still boots. I have Roots boots to walk (the brown 1 is my favorite...wore it the most before moving it so its more comfortable to walk with).

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Walked on a desert trail near Squaw Peak in PHX yesterday. I don't think i have anything on tap for today.

I can't wait to get home and get back to having routines again. Traveling is hard enough.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I've never heard of that app. I'm going to look it up. I use Fitday.com.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I've never heard of that app. I use Fitday.com. I looked it up and it looks like a mobile app, can you use it on a PC. Looks like great info.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Walking in boots is good. I'm sure it burns more calories.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
I like having a routine also. It's hard when you travel. Most hotels have some gym facilities but then you have to tailor your workout to what they have. You might want to look at my: "Anywhere Workout". It is featured on the home page of the Exercise Site.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I walked yesterday for 15 minutes. I hope to take my 5-month old grandson for a walk today.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I've always been a walker, but the weather here hasn't been conducive to regular walking outside.

The benefits of age smile I just received a free membership to the Y with my new insurance so I will continue walking inside or out and add some machines for strength.

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Lynne, a friend of mine told me she has a membership to the Y paid for by her insurance.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Me too, about 20 minutes today with my grandson.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
So many walkers. That's great! It's so good for our bones. I walked on my treadmill today for 20 minutes.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Angie, It's called Silver Sneakers and is included in many Medicare supplements. Just another benefit of age. smile

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Silver Sneakers is a great program. I wrote an article about it that you can read at:

Silver Sneakers Fitness Program for Older Adults

N
N
I walked today.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
LOL, I walked too. I attended a training session in Richmond, VA at the convention center. We first stuffed bags and then went for a training session and tour of the facilities.

I think I walked 10,000 steps picking up the items and stuffing the bags and then we toured the center. The place is huge.

I'm exhausted.

N
N
I walked today.

N
N
I walked today.

T
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
T
Angie, you should wear a pedometer when you're out like that. I bet you do walk 10,000 steps, which is the recommended amount.

Page 1 of 121 1 2 3 120 121

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.